Monster Hunter World Update Fixes Squad Errors on PS4, Balances Bow Ammo Types
Latest Monster Hunter changes up bow ammo while also fixing numerous squad errors.
Capcom’s highly successful Monster Hunter World has received a new update for PS4 and Xbox One, with the former being update 1.05 and the latter being update 18.104.22.168. The PS4 patch is only 82 MB which is pretty nice.
As for the changes, they included fixes to errors on the PS4 which gave the message “Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again.” This would caused squad features to not be usable. Though it should be fixed by now, you’ll have squad data reset and need to reform squads along with re-inviting players.
Another error that’s been fixed is one where non-squad members could join in a Squad sessions. This has also been fixed along other problems. As for changes that apply to the Xbox One and PS4, an error where players could not claim the “5 Million Celebration Item Pack” has been fixed while the pack’s availability has been extended to February 22nd, 23:59 PM UTC.
Changes have been made to bowgun ammo as well with Normal Ammo, Pierce Ammo and Elemental Ammo (not including Dragon Ammo) seeing increased power. Slicing Ammo’s power has been reduced along with its effect on other players. Check out the full update notes below for more information.
- Fixed an issue where the error message “Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again.” would appear and squad features would not be usable. However, as a result of this fix, players who were affected by this bug will have all of their squad data reset. Additionally, players in squads whose squad leaders have their data reset will also see any affiliated data disappear the next time they log in. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and ask that you reform squads or reinvite players whose data are lost.
- Fixed an issue where, rarely, uninvited non-squad members could join a Squad Online Session, or squad members could not join one of their own. Squad Online Sessions can still be joined by players outside of the squad via friend invite or Online Session ID search.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where some players could not claim the item pack “5 Million Celebration Item Pack”. The availability for this item pack has been extended to February 22, 23:59 (UTC).
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, decorations would be lost.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when selecting items with the “Sell Items” option (from the item box inside base camp tents) by hiding the decorations tab.
- General changes were made to bowgun ammo.
- Increased the power of Normal Ammo (1, 2, 3), Pierce Ammo (1, 2, 3), and all elemental ammo (except Dragon Ammo).
- Decreased the power of Slicing Ammo, and reduced the effect it has when hitting other players.
- Reduced the maximum number of Slashberries you can hold in your item pouch from 60 to 30.
- Players can still use any remaining extra Slashberries if they currently have more than 30 in their item pouch.
- Readjusted the Elderseal calculation for dragon pods.
- Fixed an issue where information on endemic life would disappear from the Wildlife Map when moving about the field.
- Fixed an issue where the assignment “Flying Sparks: Tobi-Kadachi” would not appear on the quest board after departing on a different quest in the middle of speaking with the Chief Botanist just before the quest is first assigned.
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause players to lose control of their characters when completing a quest with certain start menu sub-menus open.
The update will also include various minor bug fixes.