Out of nowhere, Player First Games has released the patch notes for MultiVersus Season 2, which starts today. It adds a new Battle Pass where no tier is without rewards while tuning the number of points required for each tier. A new in-game store is also available for purchasing cosmetics and different characters.
Another addition is Multi-Path Traffic Acceleration and optimization for network traffic. Though the developer promises this is “just the beginning,” it’s working to improve the online experience. The Scooby’s Mansion (No Roof) and Space Jam maps have also seen some updates, the former having increased size and the latter now keeping track of baskets made.
The Tutorial is also simplified, and players can go into Arcade Mode or their first match upon finishing the intro. Silly Queue, the playlist which offers fights with crazy modifiers, has received Big Head Mode. Large heads come with massive reductions to cooldown, feeding the chaos further. Check out some of the patch notes below and the full notes here for details on nerfs and buffs to different characters.
Open Beta: Season 2 Patch Notes
Overall patch summary
Season 2 Begins!
- Season 2 starts with a new Battle Pass packed with content. We heard your feedback and made sure that there are no tiers without rewards. We also tuned the number of points required to complete each tier so that the Battle Pass feels both engaging and rewarding.
- You can now equip up to 3 badges and show them off to the MultiVerse!
The Store is Open!
- Check out the new MultiVersus in-game store! All cosmetics and characters are all in one place now! Browse away!
Multi-Path Traffic Acceleration!
- We’ve put in place some network traffic optimizations and Multi-Path Traffic Acceleration. This is just the beginning and we’re seeing promising results, but we will continue to improve our online experience for everyone!
Scooby’s Mansion (No Roof)
- Increased blastbox size by 10%.
- Ringouts were coming a bit too fast on the map so we increased the size by a bit.
Space Jam Map Updates!
- We’re now keeping score of baskets made!
- Scoring a basket now awards points based on the distance thrown. Try for some difficult 3 pointers!
- Basket scores will now be broadcasted on the BIG screen!
- Attacking a player holding a basketball item will cause that player to drop the item. Try fighting for control of The Court!
- The Court’s walls can no longer be attacked and will only break on a player wall bounce.
- Space Jam is still only available in Custom matches or in the Lab.
- Any feedback would be appreciated as we continue to hone in a version of the map for queue!
- Intro tutorial has been simplified, removing a number of steps
- VO clips have been added to the intro tutorial.
- Players are now given the option to go into arcade or their first match after finishing the intro tutorial.
Jump into Silly Queue to try our BIG new ideas!
- Our new game type is Big Head Mode! Characters will have large heads, and even larger cooldown reductions! Use your newfound knowledge to take home the win!
New items added to the game.
- ‘Bounce Pad’: Place a spring pad that will launch anyone that steps on it upward.
- ‘Proximity Mine’: A placeable mine that will detonate when enemies get close
- ‘Drumstick’: Cooked chicken leg that will when thrown will turn hit enemies into Chickens for a short time
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)