New Aliens Colonial Marines Xbox 360 squashes a slew of bugs
PS3 and PC versions to follow.
It’s no secret that Aliens: Colonial Marines is fraught with bugs and glitches, some of them rendering the game unplayable. Gearbox Software has now rolled out a patch for the Xbox 360 versions of the game which irons out a significant number of these issues. A PC and PS3 update is also in the works and should be available soon, according to a tweet by Gearbox.
Some of the more prominent bugs such as co-op partners not reviving properly, players falling through the floor, the perpetually automatic firing flamethrower and several others have been resolved. NPCs also have better navigation, so the chances of them running into a wall which they can even sometimes pass through, is slimmed down.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
- Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Achievements to not unlock properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of “One Bullet.”
- Modified Bella and Reid’s behavior in “No Hope in Hadley’s” to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.
- Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
- Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.
- Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.