New Xbox One Experience Update Fixes Most of the Problems Ahead of Launch
Very few issues remain at this point.
Microsoft is getting ready to launch the New Xbox One Experience powered by Windows 10 on November 12, and ahead of the launch, most of the unresolved issues in the beta seem to have been resolved. The list gets smaller with each new update, and the newest one brings the total number of standing issues to just three- which means we are very nearly there!
The full list of patch notes for the newest update of the New Xbox One Experience follow below. If you an Xbox One Preview Member, then you should be getting this update any time now:
OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151102-1933
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/4 (2AM GMT 11/5)
- You should no longer receive party invite notifications when no one is signed in.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with choppy audio after pressing mute on the controller.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with the Guide failing to open.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with the Guide crashing after launch.
- The Guide should no longer crash when navigating to the Messages tab or selecting Invite More on the party tab (which would subsequently remove you from the party).
- When copying content from the internal hard drive to an external hard drive or vice versa, the progress bar should no longer display values in excess of 100%.
- You should no longer encounter issues installing certain titles from a disc when Play disc automatically is disabled.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with installations in progress failing to continue when the console enters connected standby.
- In-game marketplaces: This build contains a fix to address issues with crashes when purchasing content from in-game marketplaces in certain titles (including Gems of War and Guacamelee: STCE).
- Privacy Settings: You should no longer encounter an error message or incorrect information when accessing Privacy & online safety in Settings.
- Backgrounds: This build contains a fix to address issues with frequent dashboard crashes after changing the background.
- MTU errors: MTU should no longer be reported incorrectly, and you should no longer encounter MTU errors when performing a multiplayer connection test.
- PLEX: The PLEX app should no longer close when suspended during video playback and resumed at a later time.
FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES
Our highlighted feedback opportunities for this release is:
- Mic Check: Test out adding commentary to your favorite clips
- Calendar Survey: We would love more feedback on the Community Calendar app. If you haven’t already, be sure to download it from Beta Games and Apps in the Preview Dashboard app, then take this survey!
General System Issues:
- Wallpapers and custom backgrounds: Some users may be unable to set their background from a screenshot or achievement art.
- Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.
- Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.
Game and App Issues:
- YouTube: Videos in the “Purchases” section of the YouTube app will only play for about ten seconds before throwing an error.
So… yeah, that’s pretty much good to go for general release, now. Good job, Microsoft!