A new update is available for Team Ninja’s Nioh 2 and once again adjusts the difficulty for certain parts of the game. These include certain sub-missions like Scattered Fragments, The Dream’s End and The Brothers’ Blades. So if you were tired of being constantly murderized by Magara Naotaka and his Revenant brother, then this is good news.
Other changes include some non-boss foes having their attacks weakened, preventing players above the recommended level from dying in one hit. Shibata Katsuie, easily one of the most difficult bosses in the game later on, has also seen some of his attacks weakened. They may still be tough to dodge but won’t feel nearly as cheap upon landing.
There’s also a new “Difficulty” parameter when searching for Random Encounters and you can also initialize settings from the HDR settings menu. Check out the tweet below for the complete patch notes. You can read our review for Nioh 2 here or check out our rankings for the game’s bosses, from easiest to hardest.
- Adjusted the mission difficulty of the sub-missions:
– “A Favor for the Blacksmith”
– “The Greedy Hunter”
– “The Sunomata Yokai Hunt”
– “The Viper and the Butterfly”
– “The Brothers’ Blades”
– “The Burning Sky”
– “Scattered Fragments”
– “Calling on the Fire God”
– “The Dream’s End”
- Weakened the attacks of some non-boss enemies. Previously, though the player could be above the recommended level, some enemies would kill the player in one hit.
- Weakened some attacks of Shibata Katsuie that are especially difficult to dodge.
- Buffed the drop rate of Smithing Text and The Art of Combat.
- Added “Difficulty” to the search condition of Random Encounters.
- Added “Accessories” tab to the “Tempering.”
- Added a feature to initialize settings in the HDR settings.
Today, we've rolled out patch v1.07 for various adjustments and bug fixes. Please read look at the images below for all the changes and continue to unleash your darkness samurai! #Nioh2 #PlayStation4 pic.twitter.com/tCICXnXh08
— Team NINJA (@TeamNINJAStudio) March 31, 2020