Hello Games continues to churn out content updates for No Man’s Sky with the latest being Living Ships. It’s out now for players on all platforms and introduces a brand new type of ship that’s, well, alive. Check out the trailer below for a quick idea on how they work.
Living Ships aren’t just a cosmetic change for existing models – they have their own technologies and means of upgrading. You can even create your own custom ship with different upgrades. Along with Living Ships, the update adds a new mission chain to help you learn more about them. You’ll venture the cosmos with a Void Egg in an attempt to hatch it and own your very own Living Ship.
And yes, it’s possible to own multiple Living Ships. Other changes include new space encounters with “strange objects” and “exotic rewards”; traders in space that may hail you and ask for assistance; and several quality of life changes like splitting stacks easily. Check out some of the patch notes below.
- Introduced a new style of starship, the Living Ship.
- These ships have their own exclusive range of organic technologies and cannot be upgraded by conventional means.
- Adjust your playstyle to the restrictions and benefits of these organic techs, or hatch and evolve new procedural upgrades to grow your own custom ship.
- Incubate your Void Egg and learn about the origin of the Living Ships with a new mission chain, Starbirth.
- Completing these missions will hatch the Void Egg into your own procedurally generated Living Ship.
- Additional ships may be hatched from subsequently incubated eggs.
- While using the Pulse Engine to fly between planets, there is a chance of encountering strange objects in local space.
- Drop out of pulse-flight to begin the encounter.
- A large range of strange objects and exotic rewards await…
- Different encounters have different chances of occurring based on the characteristics of the solar system.
- As well as strange objects, players may also encounter passing trader ships.
- These will hail the player while using the Pulse Engine and may need assistance, offer to trade, and more…