No Man’s Sky PC Version Gets New Patch That Improves Space Battles
It’s good that they are sticking with the game.
After a long period of silence, I think that Hello Games are now dedicated to trying to fix No Man’s Sky, and bring it up to speed with their original vision, the vision that they sold everyone on when they were marketing the game. We have already received the Foundation Update for the game, which added a fair bit to the title- and now, there’s been another brand new patch for the game released on Steam.
This patch fixes a lot of issues with the title, including bugs and unintended glitches, and also improves space battles in the game, making them bigger and more varied than they have been in the game so far.
You can check out the full patch notes below. I guess while No Man’s Sky is still a disappointment for a lot of people, Hello Games’ commitment to trying to get it fixed is something that must be commended nonetheless.
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small.
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- Fix for steam controller not being able to warp.
- Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Various audio tweaks and fixes:
– Added ladder climbing sounds.
– Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
– Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
– Added sound effect when using communication stations.
– Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
– Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
- Fixed some rare crashes.