Nomura reveals some new information on Versus XIII
Tetsuya Nomura, lead character designer of Final Fantasy: Versus XIII was interviewed by Famitsu, and he revealed some new information on the game. Now you and I have a definition of what is “new”, and considering I absolutely know jack about Versus XIII, even fluff talk seems like new news to me.
Nomura said that the visual expression capabilities has been improved from the last trailer shown. Next time they show the game it will be running on the PlayStation 3 or the *cough* Xbox 360, or both. Who knows?
- Nomura recently did the latest check of the game. The visual expression capability has improved from the trailer that was released last year.
- The game has a mix of real time and Visual Works pre-rendered CG. The ratio is 7 real time to 3 pre rendered.
- The scene where Noctus and Stella meet for the first time has been made into a pre-rendered scene. This is because it’s an example of an area where adding player control would not have a big effect.
- Square Enix won’t be holding an event ala last year’s January press conference this year. However, Nomura said that he’d like to make some sort Versus related announcement/showing this year, although he can’t say when or where.
- The next time we see Versus XIII, we will get a look at it being controlled on actual hardware.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.