With Darksiders 3 launching tomorrow, Nvidia has released a brand new update for its GeForce graphics cards for PCs. Update 417.01 WHQL is available to download now, and it is optimized specifically for Darksiders 3, so if you are planning on playing that game, you’d do well to get this update ready and installed ahead of time.
Even if you’re not necessarily interested in playing the third Darksiders game, this update might be worth your while. You finally get the chance to apply refresh rates higher than 30 Hz on a 4K monitor because of it, and G-Sync issues are addressed. Frame Rate Limiter 2, which had abnormal functioning, is also addressed squarely with this update. You can download it directly from the Nvidia client on your PC.
You can see the full notes for the update for yourself below. Meanwhile, if Darksiders 3 is something that interests you, don’t forget to check out our review for the game. It launches tomorrow for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
NVIDIA GeForce 417.01 WHQL Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Darksiders III.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.34
- HD Audio Driver – 126.96.36.199
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.18.0907
- GeForce Experience – 188.8.131.52
- CUDA – 10.0
- Monitor refresh rates higher than 30 Hz cannot be applied on 4k monitors. 
- Frame Rate Limiter 2 may not work. 
- [Turing GPUs]: Event ID 14 error may occur if CSM is disabled in the system BIOS.
- [GeForce TX 650]: Shadowplay recordings are corrupted. 
- [G-Sync]: G-sync may not disengage after exiting games. 
- [GeForce Experience][Ansel]: Ansel images appear incomplete when the resolution is set to 30x or greater.