Famitsu has released the latest weekly charts for hardware and physical software sales in Japan, and as has been the case for a number of weeks running now, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are once again on top of the pile, having sold over 64,000 units over the course of last week.
Bandai Namco and ILCA’s newly-released RPG One Piece Odyssey has debuted high in the charts as well, occupying both second and third places with its PS4 and PS5 versions, selling over 35,000 units and over 26,000 units respectively. Collectively, the game sold over 62,000 units, which still puts it below Pokemon’s sales.
One Piece Odyssey’s sales, though solid in isolation, have seen a noticeable dip from previous instalments. For instance, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 sold over 137,000 units when it came out.
Meanwhile, on the hardware front, all consoles have seen a drop in sales. The Nintendo Switch still leads the pack with over 74,000 units sold, while the PS5 trails behind with over 44,000 units sold.
You can check out the full hardware and physical software sales charts below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet – 64,799 (4,695,052)
- [PS4] One Piece Odyssey – 35,123 (New)
- [PS5] One Piece Odyssey – 26,879 (New)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 22,094 (3,817,608)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 18,172 (5,101,319)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 14,849 (969,291)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 11,025 (3,008,474)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest Treasures – 7,864 (254,564)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 7,587 (5,100,328)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 7,382 (1,151,855)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 74,690 (250,718)
- PS5 – 44,113 (85,156)
- Xbox Series X/S – 1,052 (1,739)