Codemasters have announced dates for the open beta for their upcoming arcade racing game, Onrush, that will be developed by some of the developers who formerly worked at Evolution Studios, including most recently on DriveClub. The open beta will be available between May 17 and May 21 for PS4 and Xbox One (no PC dates have yet been announced), from 2PM BST to 10am BST respectively.
That’s not all- if you digitally pre-ordered the game on PS4, you actually get access to the beta earlier. You can start playing it from May 15, a whole two days ahead of time.
As for what the beta itself will entail, it gets a multiplayer mode that can be played online, as well as the “Superstar Practice Mode”. That latter one can be played either by yourself, or against AI bots. A Photo Mode will be available during offline play, while for online play, your accrued rank will help you unlock rewards in the final game.
More details on what will be in the beta can be found below. Onrush is available June 5 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
TRACKS – (Both will feature different weather conditions and times of day)
– Big Dune Beach
– Crater Lake
– Firewall: RUSHing leaves a destructive trail of fire behind
– Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents
– Tumbler: Earn RUSH directly from front and back flips
– Turbulence: RUSHing leaves a disruptive wake of turbulent air behind
– Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective
– Spiral: Earn RUSH directly from performing barrel rolls
– Rampage: Refill your RUSH gauge with every successful takedown
– Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly
– Pinpoint: Earn RUSH directly from performing near misses
– Blockade: RUSHing drops a trail of blockades that slow your opponents down
– Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits
– Impact: Earn RUSH directly from taking down opponents