Moon Studios has released a new patch for Ori and the Will of the Wisps on Xbox One and PC. Along with featuring improvements to performance and map loading times, it should also lead to better scene and asset loading. A number of bug fixes are also included for achievements, crashing and freezing on start, and certain controller buttons not working.
Some new graphical options include scaling for resolution, motion blur and controller vibration, along with an option for exclusive fullscreen. The HUD can also be customized to be hidden entirely or act dynamically. You can also purchase fast travel from the map as a separate upgrade from Opher.
Overall, it’s a pretty strong list of improvements and should help further raise the quality of the game. Ori and the Will of the Wisps released last month after years in development to strong critical acclaim. You can check out our review of the game here for more details.
- Improved performance
- Improved map loading times
- Improvements to scene and asset loading
- Map remembers the last zoom position now when reopened
- Fixed the buzzing issue for the vast majority of players
- Fixed bugs with obtaining certain achievements
- Fixed missing characters in Asian languages
- Fixed problems with some controller buttons not working for some players
- Fixed crashing / freezing on start issue
- Fixed several issues where player gets trapped behind closed door after respawning
- Fixed several instances of screen going black at certain moments
- Fixed problems with picking up some of the collectibles
- Many more minor fixes
- Introduced an option to hide HUD, along with a dynamic HUD mode
- Added exclusive fullscreen option
- Introduced resolution scaling option
- Introduced motion blur scaling option
- Introduced controller vibration scaling option
- Fast travel from map is now a separate upgrade purchasable from Opher
Achievements fixes details:
- Healthy and Powerful achievements should be granted automatically when loading a save that meets all the criteria.
- Destiny, Hardcore Fan, Shardless, Lightless, Look at the Time and Immortal will be granted when the player loads the save slot they finished the game on and watches the epilogue again, as long as they meet the required criteria.