April will begin with the release of Outriders. The game looks to bring a lot of action your way either solo or co-op, and Sqaure Enix and People Can Fly are in the midst of the full marketing push. We’ve seen a lot of the game, and even got a pretty good size demo for a good taste of what’s to come. Speaking of, it also seems as if the game has taken some cues from that demo, and that the final launch version will have some tweaks.
As detailed on the game’s official Reddit page, there was a pretty extensive list of changes. Some of those were simple as just some bug fixes, but others included some additions. Things like cross-play being on by default and adding a quick mark to your inventory for quicker idea breakdown. There is also improvements to things like the cover system and travel system. They say this is only a condensed version of the various changes that’s been made from the demo.
Outriders is set to release April 1st on most major platforms. You can check out the pre-load time information for the various versions, as well as a breakdown of everything you need to know about the game through here.
- Lots of demo content bug fixes, including for example, mods on some Legendary weapons not triggering properly.
- Balancing changes for various items, mods, enemy stats and loot drops.
- Balancing is an ongoing process and we have learnt much from internal playtests, the Insiders preview and the demo over the previous months. However, we’re sure that we will continue to learn more from the launch of the main game and the feedback provided by you, our community. So, keep it coming!
- Crossplay will no longer be in Beta and will be on by default.
- PC players will be able to add cross-platform players that they have previously played with to their friends lists. Consoles will receive this functionality through a future patch.
- Please note that if you turn Crossplay off manually, you will not be able to automatically matchmake with people who still have it turned on, even if you are all on the same platform. Direct inviting should still work though.
- DirectX 12 will be the default on PC.
- Added a “Quick Mark” functionality to your inventory. This will allow you to mass-mark all items based on their rarity in one or two button presses, rather than needing to mark items individually (which is still possible if preferred).
- Improvements to the Cover System
- Improvement to Travel Voting system used when in a group
- Added information about internal cooldown mechanics for Mods to their descriptions