Outriders finally came after a very long wait, but it seems that wait was mostly worth it. The word of mouth on the looter shooter has largely been positive, and we were big fans ourselves. It has not been without issue however, as many have had problems with the game and its online functionality. The game’s first major patch is also coming next week, and it remains to be seen how much it will realistically fix in regards to all that, but the name of the game is stability.
Over on Steam, People Can Fly extensively detailed the plans for the first major patch. Things like crashes, GPU performances are at the top of the list along with the hopes of once again making cross-play viable across platforms. There’s also a multitude of other fixes and tweaks that will come without a major update through hotfixes. You can read the full details through here, as well as the full planned patch notes below.
Outriders is available now on most major platforms, with the first big patch planned to release sometime next week. There is also an appreciation package coming for players who experienced issues during this launch period, but no timeframe has been set for it.
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements