Overwatch Patch Fixes Mei Glitch, Issues With Competitive Assault Maps and Uprising
Currently live on PC only.
A new patch went live for Blizzard’s Overwatch last night on PC which addressed a number of issues. The most important was for a glitch that caused allowed players to move freely when hit with Mei’s Blizzard Ult or Endothermic Blaster (aka the freeze gun).
Other fixes are cosmetic like D.Va’s hair no longer being rigid in the Selfie highlight intro if the Palanquin skin is equipped or Soldier 76’s cape no longer clipping with the Strike Commander Morrison, Daredevil: 76 or Stunt Rider Rider: 76 skins equipped and performing the Push-Ups emote.
Competitive players will be pleased with a fix for an issue that would cause inaccurate results when breaking ties on Assault and Assault/Escort maps based on capture percentage. The capture percentage measures were introduced in an earlier patch to prevent draws on maps with two checkpoints and rely on how much the point has been captured by a team.
Check out the full patch notes below for more information. Expect these changes to come to Xbox One and PS4 as part of a larger patch in the next few weeks.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash when Overwatch was launched
- Fixed a bug preventing the Null Sector bots from spawning during the payload escort phase of the Overwatch Uprising brawl
- The Overwatch Uprising 2017 player icon will now unlock when you log into the event
- Firing shots while standing on the payload in Overwatch Uprising will no longer cause accuracy issues for your hero
- Fixed an issue preventing players from placing turrets on moving platforms (i.e. the payload)
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks stats from Sombra’s Hack
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks Ana’s healing stats
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks D.Va’s enemy eliminations
- Fixed an issue that could cause inaccurate results when breaking ties based on capture percentage on Assault and Assault/Escort maps
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move freely when being hit by Mei’s Blizzard or Endothermic Blaster
- Fixed a bug causing D.Va’s hair to be rigid in the Selfie highlight intro when her Palanquin skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug causing Soldier: 76’s cape to clip during the Push-Ups emote when his Strike Commander Morrison, Daredevil: 76, or Stunt Rider: 76 skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug causing the ice on Pharah’s Frostbite skin to stretch when her Flair emote was activated
- Fixed a bug causing glass that has been shattered by an explosion to be colored black