Out of nowhere a couple of months back, Nintendo dropped the announcement of the next entry in their paper-thin series, Paper Mario: The Origami King. The series has had a lot of reinventions in a relatively short period of time, and the newest game looks to be a bit on the different side as well. How does it stack up to previous games? Well, the first review for it is live, and it seems pretty solid.
Japanese magazine Famitsu did their weekly review roundup, which included the Nintendo title. They gave it a total 36/40, with each reviewer awarding it a 9/10. It’s pretty much in line with the series, though somewhat on the upper end. Color Splash got a 35/40, Sticker Star a 36/40, and Super Paper Mario was rewarded 35/40.
The review came alongside Blair Witch, Indivisible, and a few others you can see below. Paper Mario was the highest of the group (thanks to Gematsu for compiling the list).
Paper Mario: The Origami King releases July 17th for Nintendo Switch. For everything you need to know about the game, we’ve got you covered through here.
- Blair Witch (PS4, Switch) – 8/7/8/7 [30/40]
- Indivisible (PS4, Switch) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
- Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
- Pushy and Pully in Blockland (PS4, Switch) – 7/8/7/7 [29/40]
- Rigid Force Redux (Switch) – 7/7/7/8 [29/40]
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (PS4, Xbox One) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]