Much like XP, farming money in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is essential. It’s necessary for purchasing healing items, Pokeballs and whatnot so running out can be an issue. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to earn tons of cash in a short span of time. First, you’ll need the Vs. Seeker item and the Amulet Coin. The former allows you to rematch against trainers (which is key for farming XP – see here for more details) while the latter will double the amount of cash earned from battle.
Of course, the Amulet Coin’s main catch is that it must be equipped by a Pokemon who participates in combat. It can be obtained from the ruins in Amity Square to the northeast. The Vs. Seeker is given by Dawn/Lucas once you’ve made it through the Cycling Road to Route 207. Once you have both of these, travel to Route 210 (which is between Solaceon and Celestic Town) and fight against Zac and Jen for some easy cash. By continuously resetting the encounter, you can easily earn 20,000 Pokemon Dollars with each victory.
How to Get All Field Moves
Field Moves are used for granting new exploration abilities for your Pokemon. These include Fly, Surf and much more. In addition to allowing one to continue their journey (since they must be earned from defeating Gym Leaders), they can also be used to explore secret areas for hidden items.
Here are all of the Field Moves and how to get them:
- Rock Smash – Smash rocks in the world. Unlocked by defeating Roark in Oreburgh City and earning the Coal Badge.
- Cut – Cut through grass that impedes progress. Unlocked by defeating Gardenia in Eterna City and earning the Forest Badge.
- Fly – Allows one to fly across gaps along with fast traveling to previous towns. Unlocked by defeating Maylene in Veilstone City and earning the Cobble Badge.
- Defog – Dissipates any fog blocking one’s progress. Unlocked by defeating Crasher Wake in Pastoria City and earning the Fen Badge.
- Surf – Allows for surfing across water. Unlocked by defeating Fantina in Hearthome City and earning the Relic Badge.
- Strength – Lets you push boulders. Unlocked by defeating Byron in Canalave City and earning the Mine Badge.
- Rock Climb – Allows for climbing certain rock walls. Unlocked by defeating Candice in Snowpoint City and receiving the Icicle Badge.
- Waterfall – Lets you scale up waterfalls. Unlocked by defeating Volkner in Sunyshore City and earning the Beacon Badge.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are available for Nintendo Switch. Check out our review here for more details.