Yesterday, it was teased that the hit mobile title, Pokemon GO, would be getting some Pokemon from the beloved 5th Generation region. A mysterious silhouette obviously hinted at one of the starter Pokemon from Unova. Now, it’s official, as Pokemon from that region are available in the mobile game now.
Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove, and Blitzle are all confirmed to be in the game now and out in the wild for trainers to catch. Lillipup, Patrat, and Klink will be available in raid battles (with Klink as of now exclusive to raids). More Pokemon from Black and White will be appearing steadily, so keep your eye out for the many new Pokemon that was added during that generation. Some Pokemon are also region exclusive as per usual, which you can see a full list of below.
Pokemon GO is available now for all compatible iOS and Android devices. You can see the official announcement trailer below.
- Asia-Pacific: Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokémon
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Pansear, the High Temp Pokémon
- The Americas and Greenland: Panpour, the Spray Pokémon
- Western hemisphere: Heatmor, the Anteater Pokémon
- Eastern hemisphere: Durant, the Iron Ant Pokémon