With good news on the hardware sales front, Nintendo also announced updated software sales numbers for its first-party Switch titles. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still number 1 among the top selling first-party Switch titles at 22.96 million units, followed by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 17.68 million. However, the list has some new entries with Pokemon Sword and Shield at 16.34 million and Luigi’s Mansion 3 at 5.37 million.
While such figures aren’t too surprising for Pokemon Sword and Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3 achieving this within two months of launch is pretty amazing. Updated sales figures for the quarter ending December 31st include The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening selling 4.19 million units; Ring Fit Adventure at 2.17 million units; Astral Chain selling 1.03 million; and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order selling 1.02 million million. Worldwide, over 310.65 million Switch titles have been sold in the console’s lifespan.
More exclusives are set to arrive in the coming months with the likes of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. With Nintendo increasing its forecast from 18 million Switch consoles by the end of the current fiscal year to 19.5 million, it should be an interesting quarter. In the meantime, check out the 10 top selling first-party Switch titles below:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 22.96 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 17.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 16.59 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 16.34 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 16.06 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.76 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.82 million
- Super Mario Party – 9.12 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 5.85 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 5.37 million
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)