id Software have patched Quake Live which will fix a number of bugs and will also add a set of new features. Below is the complete list:
- Match Visibility Modes – Added support for running private matches in multiple access modes: Public (all players), Friends Only, and Invitation only. The server will only be visible on the match browser to players who have access to join.
- Server Invite System – Added support for choosing friends who should be sent an automatic invite when the match has started.
- Custom Map Rotation – Added support for setting up a map rotation to be played on your private server.
- Improved Error Handling – Improved error handling in match startup so that users are informed why a match may have failed to start (Data Center overloaded, for example).
- Vicinity Locator – Added support for choosing “In My Vicinity” as a match startup location which will automatically choose an ideal data center based on your current GEOIP location.
- Optimized Game Invitation Strings – Join URL invite string length reduced for efficiency.
- Tiered Permission Groups – Organizations may spawn multiple servers at once without joining into matches. Individuals may spawn one server at a time and the server becomes available for others to join once the owner has joined the server.