Rockstar Games has released a new update for Red Dead Redemption 2, separate from its last update, which added support for the Red Dead Online beta. It basically fixes a myriad of bugs and other issues that players have been experiencing since launch. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a fix for the HDR bug included with this update.
Regardless, the update fixes dynamic kill cams triggering with animals, even if they were disabled in the settings, and first person auto aim when aiming from behind while on a wagon. Missions which saw companions disappearing from camp, like “Polite Society, Valentine Style”, have also been fixed. A number of other issues related to weapons, items, clothing, duelling, and whatnot have been resolved as well.
Story missions are mentioned in the full patch notes, but there don’t seem to be any spoilers. Regardless, some of the patch notes can be seen below. The full notes can be seen here. Currently, access to Red Dead Online is open to Ultimate Edition owners and those who played the game at launch. If you played the game within the first three days of launch, then access should be available later today.
New Content – PS4, Xbox One
Title Update adds in access to the Red Dead Online Beta
Game Menus / Options – PS4, Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where animals were triggering ‘Dynamic Kill Cams’ despite being set to ‘Disabled’ in settings
- Fixed an issue where changing controller layout while using binoculars could lead to the player being unable to study or track animals
- Fixed an issue with first-person auto aim when aiming behind on a wagon
Story Mode Companions – PS4, Xbox One
Fixed an issue where retrying a checkpoint during the mission ‘Polite Society, Valentine Style’ would cause multiple companions to be missing from
- Fixed an issue causing Molly to be missing from Camp following the mission ‘American Distillation’
- Fixed an issue in the mission ‘Outlaws from the West’ where the player lost the ability to talk with Dutch when playing in first person
- Fixed an issue in the mission ‘The Fine Art of Communications’ where players lost the ability to speak with companions
Weapons, Items & Clothing – PS4, Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where players would not get access to all their weapons in the Epilogue if they failed a specific stage in the mission ‘Red Dead Redemption’
- Fixed an issue where players could lose a weapon looted from Valentine after restarting missions from a checkpoint
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect set of Cigarette Cards could be removed when mailing a complete set at the Post Office
- Fixed an issue where players could lose some of the Gunslinger photographs from Calloway
- Fixed an issue that allowed donation of documents to the Camp donation box
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in an animation loop after hip firing their pistol and then swapping to their bow
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck equipping and putting away the bow on horseback after equipping it from the weapon wheel
- Fixed an issue where a weapon’s custom grip could be replaced with a default grip after swapping with a defeated enemy’s weapon
- Added safeguards against characters becoming invisible when changing outfits
Terrain and Environment – PS4, Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where a hole in the terrain would appear near the Railroad Camp and surrounding area
- Fixed general issues which caused a player to be unable to take cover via buildings/objects/etc.
- Fixed an issue where alligators were unable to kill a hogtied NPC while on land
- Fixed an issue where predators would get stuck if they could not reach the player
- Fixed an issue where picking up the Legendary Lake Sturgeon, caused the player to be unable to equip weapons as well as drop or stow the fish
Dueling, Wanted and Witnesses – PS4, Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to shoot during a duel when using certain controllers
- Fixed an issue with the number of bump attempts within a set amount of time would cause the players to become Wanted
- Fixed an issue where players would become Wanted, even after complying and removing their mask as requested by the law
- Fixed an issue in the mission ‘Black and White Chain Gang’ – Stage 2 – where the player would become Wanted for fighting an NPC required to access one of the Posters
- Fixed an issue where players who fired a warning shot when intimidating an NPC, would cause the intimidation fail and the NPC to flee
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would stop being witnesses, even if not successfully intimidated
- Fixed an issue where the player would become Wanted for a warning shot when no NPC was visible or nearby
- Fixed an issue where witnesses would report the same corpse that previously been reported to the law
- Fixed an issue at Fort Wallace where the Army would try and report crimes, even though they were unable to leave the fort
- Fixed general issues associated with the law being unable to arrest players.