Coffee Stain Studios has released its second major early access update for Satisfactory. The first person factory builder now has the benefit of Electric Trains, letting you transport materials across as many cars as you’d like. It’s expensive and requires placing tracks one piece at a time but it’s worth it.
There’s also nuclear power, which should be worrying but provides a boost in your available power. You’ll need to dispose of the radioactive waste though so make sure that hazmat suits are available. Bauxite and aluminum have also been added, allowing for higher quality parts.
If that weren’t enough, new biomes – the swamp and bamboo fields – have also been added. You can also venture into the jungle though it won’t be as easy to navigate as earlier areas. These are end-game areas after all so make sure you’re properly equipped before planning any skirmishes. Check out the full patch notes here. For more information on the first update, head here.
- Trains are unlockable in Tier 6. Now go and set up your next level resource transportation!
- Set up a timetable for your trains and choose which freight cars should load or unload their cargo at each station.
- Set up a locomotive at each end if you want it to be able to go back and forth between stations, or just build a loop instead.
- Build extra locomotives if you’ve added too many freight cars for a single one
- If you connect power to one station, all other stations along the line will be powered as well so no need for a long power pole connection to your outposts
- Nuclear Power. Take your power production to the next level with Nuclear Power Plants, but be wary of the radiation! You’ll also have to deal with the Nuclear Waste you are producing.
- Craft a Hazmat Suit in the Workshop to keep yourself safe from radiation.
- Bayer Process. Now it is time to integrate Bauxite into your production pipelines and set up the production of several new parts.
- Speed up the mining with the Miner Mk.3
- Transport things faster than ever with the Conveyor Belt Mk.5
- We also added a few alternate recipes for the new content
- Overall there are 12 new resources added to the game. Let’s see how big your factories will grow with incorporating all of them!
- Doubled Circuit Board stack size
- Tweaked resources in several areas like Red Jungle (Plateau northwest of Grassfields). Added Bauxite, Uranium and Coal
- Bamboo Fields (Plateau north of Grassfields). Added Bauxite and Coal
- Swamp (Northeast of Grassfields). Completely overhauled resource placements and added new nodes