2022’s already seen the launch of some excellent games in its first couple of months, and SloClap’s king fu brawler Sifu is definitely one of them. Its solid critical reception has matched by great sales, with the game having sold over a million units since its early February launch, and SloClap is still working behind-the-scenes to push out updates and improve the experience.
A new update, patch 1.07, has now gone live for the game’s PC version as well, and will become available on PlayStation consoles on Monday, March 7. The headlining addition here is the addition of Mandarin Chinese voiceovers, for those who want to immerse themselves in the game’s aesthetic even more. Meanwhile, SloClap has also tweaked the game’s camera to remove camera collision and improve visibility during combat, while shrine unlocks are now also always going to be saved upon finishing a level. On top of all that, several exploits, loops, and bugs have also been fixed. You can get all the details in the patch notes below.
SloClap has plans to keep on improving and adding to Sifu, with the developer saying on Twitter that it’s “already working on the next updates.” A major update is currently planned for early May, while the game will also get accessibility options and difficulty modes in the future.
Sifu is available on PS5, PS4, and PC.
- Added Mandarin Chinese voice over
- Tweaks on camera: a pass has been done on all levels to remove camera collision and visibility on some level environments that could block the view during combat.
- Fixed the infinite loop exploit of hitting an enemy already down with the sweep attack.
- Fixed an issue where Fajar would stop attacking the player in the second phase
- Fixed the Blade technique infinite loop exploit against Kuroki
- The shrine rewards unlocks are now always saved when finishing a level. (It was only saved if the level was finished with a younger age before)
- High Contrast Display is now available for PlayStation users
- Display additional input combinaison on controller layout
- Fixed issues with remapping Focus for keyboard users
- Fixed subtitles being cropped when resizing
- Fixed issue for the Japanese PS4 version where remapping the interaction input could block the navigation in some menus.
- Fixed multiple bugs and crashes
- Performance optimization
- Fixed minor issues with level art & lighting
- Fixed Chinese calligraphy mistakes in the Sanctuary – still WIP
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)