Hey Skyrim, remember that game? Yeah, it’s still popular and there are still a bunch of issues with it that Bethesda is slowing fixing.
They have released a new 1.8 update on Steam which stabilises the game and adds some improvements to the core, so that you won’t run into issues when installing those 60 mods for the game.
The patch was first released for the PC for obvious reasons and will hit the PS3 and Xbox 360 later, and probably never on the PS3 at the rate Bethesda works on that platform.
I kid… but Skyrim in my opinion has been pretty poor on the PS3, both the game and the support the PS3 owners received. I guess Bethesda is trying hard to rectify the problems but some things need to be fixed from the beginning not a late stage.
This is a beta patch so you have to go into Steam options and select the ‘I want to participate in betas’ to receive this patch.
Here are the notes, courtesy of the Bethesda Blog.
- Bug fixes
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly