Sony Santa Monica are looking out for Senior Level Designer.
During Sony’s Gamescom presentation back in August, it was revealed that Sony Santa Monica studios are working on a new franchise for the PlayStation 4. Now according to a job listing it seems that it could well be an open world IP.
A job opening that was recently listed on the PlayStation website is for a senior level designer at Sony Santa Monica. In addition to the job posting were some details on the thus far unnamed project which give us the slightest hint of insight into what to expect from the upcoming IP. They are as follows:
Design any element in the game including:
– Open world level design
– Ambient game play and side missions
– navigation/platforming challenges
– Building 3D environments
– Modeling and texturing
– Designing and implementing fun/challenging AI layouts
– Scripting entities
– Placing rough cameras, including animated and entity triggered cameras
– Sound implementation
– Level warping and game flow
– Cinematic placement and triggering
From the above requirements it seems as though we could be looking at a platformed along the lines of an open world LittleBigPlanet, but really that’s just a shot in the dark. Let’s hope it’s a fun one.