Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order might be dominating Star Wars-related gaming headlines, but EA’s previous Star Wars game, Battlefront 2, is getting some more time in the sun as well. Yesterday, a Celebration Edition was leaked for the multiplayer shooter (which also has a single player campaign that we all keep forgetting exists), and now, EA have officially confirmed its existence.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 – Celebration Edition is out tomorrow on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (via Origin), but it will only be a digital release. It will retail for $39.99, but those who already have Battlefront 2 and want to upgrade can do so for $24.99 (which is still a bit too high). Origin Access Premier members will, however, obviously get access to the game for free.
So what exactly will the package include? Well, basically every single piece of Battlefront 2 content that has seen the light of day over the last two years, in addition to the upcoming content update themed around The Rise of Skywalker. Some previous pre-order bonuses and in-game event-specific content will not, however, be included.
You can get a quick rundown of what will and won’t be in the package below:
What you get
- Base game with all past and future free updates
- 150+ Appearances, including 6 Legendary Appearances
- 100+ Emotes
- 90+ Victory Poses
What isn’t included
- Experience and Star Card progression, this will need to be unlocked via regular gameplay.
- The Last Jedi appearances for Kylo and Rey, as these remain exclusive for players who pre-ordered, and owners of the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition.
- Customization options that can only be obtained via special in-game events such as Leia Princess of Alderaan or the Farmboy Luke appearances.