With Valve’s long awaited Steam Machines (finally) a reality, the Steam storefront has now been updated. It has a hardware tab that lists the full range of the prebuilt PCs running SteamOS that will be going on sale later this fall, showing us not only the diverse specs and builds that we will be seeing, but also a staggering range of prices.
The Steam Machines start at a little over $450, and go as high as $5000- with the lower end machines coming pretty close to fulfilling Valve’s assertion that users will be able to purchase these machines for the same price as a next generation console.
The full list of the Steam Machines due to go on sale later this year is as follows:
- iBuyPower SBX $459.99
- Alienware Steam Machine $479.99
- Syber Steam Machine $499.99 – $1399.99
- Gigabyte BRIX Pro $599.99
- Asus ROG GR8S $699.99
- Digital Storm Eclipse Steam Machine $699.99
- Maingear DRIFT $849.99
- Materiel.net Steam Machine $899.99
- NextBox $799.99 – $1299.99
- Webhallen S15-01 $949.99
- ZOTAC Steam Machine SN970 $999.99
- Scan 3XS ST Steam Machine $999.99 – $1299.99
- Alternate Steam Machine $1099.99 – $1999.99
- ORIGIN OMEGA Steam Machine $899.99 – $4999.99
- Falcon Northwest Tiki Steam Machine $1999.99 – $4999.99
Will you be picking one of these up? Which one appeals to you the most?