Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for software and hardware sales in Japan, and where the former is concerned, there are a number of new releases in the top 10. Street Fighter 6, one of the biggest releases last week, occupies two spots in the charts, with the PS5 version at No. 3 (with over 21,000 units sold) and the PS4 version at No. 2 (over 12,000 units sold).
Collectively, the game sold over 33,000 physical units in Japan at launch, which is down from what Street Fighter 5 managed upon release in 2016 (over 46,000 units), though once digital sales are included, the numbers are likely to be a lot higher.
The biggest new release in the latest charts is Atlus’ Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection, which takes the No. 2 spot with over 38,000 units sold upon release. We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie and Loop8: Summer of Gods also see debuts in the top 10. Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom sold another 78,000 units, and is still on top of the charts, as it has been since its release last month.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch continues to enjoy strong sales with over 88,000 units sold, while the PS5 follows behind by quite some margin, having moved over 35,000 units last week.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending June 4 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 78,602 (1,594,275)
- [NSW] Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection – 38,656 (New)
- [PS5] Street Fighter 6 – 21,192 (New)
- [PS4] Street Fighter 6 – 12,078 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,641 (5,319,756)
- [NSW] We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie – 8,415 (New)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 7,075 (2,203,151)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 6,152 (3,152,980)
- [NSW] Loop8: Summer of Gods – 5,796 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 5,606 (5,205,971)
- Nintendo Switch – 88,349
- PS5 – 35,276
- Xbox Series X/S – 322