Unknown Worlds Entertainment has released a big new update for Subnautica. Since it’s now on a unified version of Unity along with Subnautica: Below Zero, it benefits from several bug fixes, improvements to performance, and even some base pieces from the latter.
These include the Large Room, Glass Dome and surface hatches. The save system has also been “refactored and optimized” to be faster and more reliable. In addition, some accessibility options have been made, like the TextMeshPro plugin for improved UI readability, an “Unstuck” button and a PDA pause. Item bars from Below Zero and an option to disable light flashes are also available.
Over 800 bug fixes for base building, navigation and piloting issues have also been implemented. However, those on a modded playthrough can select the “legacy” beta on Steam and continue playing. The developer also promises some “more exciting news for you in the new year,” which could be related to its next Subnautica title (which past job listings confirmed was in development).
Stay tuned for more updates, and check out the patch notes for the Living Large update below.
Subnautica Living Large Update
- Improved font rendering to increase UI readability and visual quality
- Adds accessibility features: UI scaling, PDA pause, option to disable light flashes
- Item bars
- Adds pinned recipes
- Adds run mode
- Improved Air Bladder functionality
- Adds the Large Room and Glass Dome base pieces from Subnautica: Below Zero
- Adds Land Hatches from Subnautica: Below Zero
- Pings are now visible when piloting the Cyclops
- Save system improvements
- Improved performance
- Improved subtitles sync
- Loading screen improvements
- Intro skipping improvements
- Various performance optimizations
- Improved control mapping, for things like transferring items between inventory and storage
- Fixed some creatures not spawning properly
- Fixes for some VFX issues
- Fixed multiple terrain streaming issues (vehicles/items falling through)
- Fixed multiple issues related to base-building, vehicles
- Fixes for many possible photosensitive issues
- …And many more various bug fixes!
- Changed how the dev menu is accessed to SHIFT + `
- Fixed jittery movement on land
- Less likely to get stuck in Alien Bases while operating the Prawn
- Added an option to limit FPS
- Added Cloud Save Support
- Legacy Steam branch for Mod Integrity
- Fixed VR frame lag in PDA UI screen movement
- Fixed a VR issue with player orientation being slanted in some scenarios
- Fixed Sunbeam countdown timer not showing up in VR
- Fixed VR Main Menu prompts on selecting and interacting with the menu
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)