Check out this complete guide for Sunset Overdrive. Using this guide you will be able to know all about chaos mode, weapons, amps, traps, items, weapons, upgrades along with character costumes, customization and challenges. Furthermore, we have also explained how you can find all the collectibles like the 150 Cameras, 150 Overcharge Signs, 150 Fizzy Balloons, 150 Smelly Shoes, 20 High Points, 40 Billboards, 40 Smartphones, and 9 Satellite Hacks.
Also using this guide you will be able to level up faster, earn unlimited money and overcharge. And finally we wrap up with an achievements guide. The game is published by Microsoft and developed by Insomniac Games. Sunset Overdrive is now available exclusively for the Xbox One. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments section below.
In Sunset Overdrive there are many unlockables available for the player’s character ranging from weapons and costumes to items and traps. The guide below is an instruction set on how to obtain all of it’s unlockables.
- Flaming Compensator: Complete horror night in act 1.
- Murderang: Complete hot dog in act 2.
- TNTeddy: Complete a new friend in act 1.
- AK-FU: Complete the siege of wonderland.
- Pulse Mine: Complete getting the band back together.
- Poppers: Complete one man’s trash in act 2.
- Herker: Complete amptastic in act 4.
- Fizzco Riflebot: Complete up in the air in act 12.
- Gunker: Complete Midnight brew in act 11.
- Scab Rusher: Complete Max’s parents in act 9.
- Kitty Cannon: Complete Boo-Boo Roverdrive in act 8.
- Pain Train: Complete Buck National vs the Apocalypse in act 10.
- Fizzie Balloons: Complete Amp it up in act 3.
- Spawner: Complete Bora Bora Water in act 7.
- Damage Dodge Roll and Stun Rounds: Complete amp in act 1.
- Bounce-Splosion, Bear Force One, and Fired: Complete amptastic in act 1.
- Seismic Smash, Personal Space, and Burn Baby: Complete midnight brew/Night defense.
- Winter is Coming, Twister Spin, and Chance of Lightning: Complete hepcat’s late-night special in act 2.
- Hater, Air Power, and it Burns: Complete ferry to nowhere in act 3.
- Grind the Lightning, Un-Defilbrillator, and Fear the Reaper: Complete concertpocalypse in act 4.
- Grind Cooker Trap: Complete Grind Cooker Trap in act 3.
- Pyro Geyser Trap: Complete Up in the Air in act 2.
- Señor Freeze Trap: Complete Find 4Kim in act 2.
- Tesla Trap: Complete Tastes Like Chicken in act 3.
- Pandora’s Box: Complete The Siege of Wondertown Land.
- JYA Gun Turret Trap: Complete Big Brother Sam optional quest in act 2.
- Pop Rocket Trap: Complete The Firework Show in act 3.
- Siegfried The Great: Complete The Most Epic Quest for EXP optional quest in act 4.
Items and Upgrades
- Samurai Helmet: Complete the Fall of Emperor Norton in act 4.
- Excalamune: Complete Awesomesmithing in act4.
- Old Factory District Vat Capacity: Complete Brewery Upgrade optional quest in act 1.
- Hepcat’s Vats Capacity Increases: Complete Hepcat’s Upgrade optional quest in act 2.
- Harbor Vat Capacity: Complete the Boat Upgrade optional quest in act 3.
- Vat Capacity: Complete Theater Upgrade optional quest in act 4.
All weapons, guns, and traps:
- Blazer open: Complete A new friend in act 1.
- Bucky shirt and bucky gloves: Complete Buck National vs. The Apocalypse with 250,000 points.
- Troop member vest: Complete Big trouble in Little Tokyo in act 2.
- Elf ears: Complete To fargathia in act 3.
- Mopbeard: Complete The Floating garbage in act 3.
- Day of the dead facial body art: Complete Las Catrinas in act 4.
- Endgame top and endgame medals:
- Oxford Backpack: Complete Oxford’s Lost and Found optional quest in act 4.
- Pilot Helmet and Hobo Jacket: Complete Help a Hobo optional quest in act 1.
- Cat Mask: Complete To Build a Better Cat Trap in act 2.
- Superhero MMA Gloves and Superhero Spandex Shirt: Complete Collect Some Comics in act 2.
- Superhero Pants and Superhero Shoes: Complete Collect More Comics in act 2.
- Superhero Mask and Superhero Shrunken Heads: Collect Even More Comics in act 2.
- Herker MaskHow to Unlock: Cmplete Herker Mask in act 2.
- Fedora: Clear Fizzco: Complete The Dirty Secret in act3.
- Goggles and Scuba Shoes: Complete The Warlock’s Red Gaze optional quest in act 3.
- Scuba Shirt and Scuba Suit Pants: Complete Wicked Watchers in the South optional quest in act 3.
- Scuba Tank: Complete Crimson Eyes in the North optional quest in act 3.
- Dress Shirt: Complete Fizzco: The International Conspiracy optional quest in act 3.
- Foam Sword: Complete Hardcore! optional quest in act 4.
- Pirate Hat, Pirate Jacket, and Eyepatch: Complete One Man is an Island optional quest in act 4.
- Street Hoodie: Complete Re-Quests optional quest in act 4.
- Trenchcoat: Fizzco: Complete The Secret Ingredient optional quest in act 4.
- Fizzco Baton: Complete Take Back the Streets: Downtown optional quest in act 4.
- Street Rings: Complete the Bomb Delivery 1 challenge.
- Gas Mask: Complete the Bomb Delivery 2 challenge.
- Skateboard Shoes and No Laces: Earn 1,400 points in Bomb Delivery 3 challenge.
- Sleeveless Hoodie: Earn 4,000 points in Bomb Delivery 4 challenge.
- Ripped Jeans: Earn 1,500 points in Bomb Delivery 5 challenge.
- Leather Fingerless Gloves: Complete the Bomb Delivery 6 challenge.
- Balaclava: Complete the Bomb Delivery 7 challenge.
- Angry Mob Shirt: Earn 2,500 points in Bomb Delivery 8 challenge.
- Basketball Shoes: Earn 5,500 points in Smash Crates challenge.
- Football Pads: Earn 1,350 points in Smash Fizzco Stuff 1 challenge.
- Sports Jersey: Earn 2,200 points in Smash Fizzco Stuff 2 challenge to earn this reward.
- Football Facepaint: Earn 1,100 points in Smash Plants challenge.
- Hockey Mask: Earn 2,000 points in Smash TVs.
- Bucky Pants: Earn 250,000 points in Episode 1 of Buck National vs. The Apocalypse.
- Bucky Shoes: Earn 250,000 points in Episode 2 of Buck National vs. The Apocalypse.
- Bucky Jacket: Earn 250,000 points in Episode 3 of Buck’s Revenge.
- Bucky Bandana: Earn 250,000 points in Episode 4 of Buck Stops Here.
- Walter Jacket: Earn 8,500 points in Glider Challenge 1.
- Floyd Shoes: Earn 1,100 points in Glider Challenge 2.
- T-Shirt Gauntlet: Earn 8,500 in in Glider Challenge 3.
- Cowboy Hat: Earn 2,500 points in Glider Challenge 4.
- Scab Spiked Bat: Earn 150,000 points in the Old Factory Night Defense challenge.
- Scab Pipe: Earn 250,000 points in Little Tokyo Challenge.
- Scab Slegdehammer: Complete Harbor Night Defense challenge with 250,000 points.
- Scab Hockey Stick: Complete Downtown Night Defense with a score of 300,000 points .
- Safari Crocs: Earn 515 or higher in Points Challenge 1.
- Safari Shorts: Earn 611 or higher in Points Challenge 2.
- Safari Bandolier: Earn 315 in Points Challenge 3.
- Safari Hat: Earn 540 points in Points Challenge 4.
- Safari Shirt: Earn 642 points in Points Challenge 5.
- Lennon Glasses: Earn 646 points in Points Challenge 6.
- Bottom Body Art: Earn1,700 points in Traversal Challenge 1.
- Tops Body Art [Chaos Song]: Earn 1,400 points in Traversal Challenge 2.
- Tops Body Art [Seven Fingers]: Earn 1,400 points in Traversal Challenge 3.
- Bottom Body Art [Roses]: Earn 2,400 points in Traversal Challenge 4.
- Tops Body Art [Bitten Hard]: Earn 1,600 points in Traversal Challenge 5.
- Tops Body Art [Street Royalty]: Earn 1,350 points in Traversal Challenge 6.
- Tops Body Art [Grave Digger]: Earn 1,400 points in Traversal Challenge 7.
- Tops Body Art [Love Birds]: Earn 1,600 points in Traversal Challenge 8.
- Bottom Body Art [Desperate Friends]: Earn 2,050 points in Traversal Challenge 9.
- Bottom Body Art [Tribal]: Earn 1,200 points in Traversal Challenge 10.
- Tops Body Art [Rage]: Earn 1,750 points in Traversal Challenge 11.
- Bottom Body Art [Crown]: Earn 1,200 points in Traversal Challenge 12.
- Tops Body Art [Pigfighter]: Earn 1,600 points in Traversal Challenge 13 .
- Bottom Body Art [Underworld]: Earn t 1,600 points in Traversal Challenge 14.
- Army Jacket: Earn 150,000 points in TNTeddy.
- Dog Tag Earrings: Earn 75,000 points in the Shocker Weapon Challenge.
- MMA Gloves B: Earn 150,000 points in The Dude Weapon Challenge.
- Gladiator Shirt : Earn 150,000 points in Murderang Weapon Challenge.
- Gladiator Skirt: Earn 150,000 points in One-Handed Dragon Weapon Challenge.
- TattooHow to Unlock: Earn 250,000 points in Pigeon Roasting Weapon Challenge.
- Breast PlateHow to Unlock: Earn 150,000 points in Excalamune Weapon Challenge.
- Medlevel Helmet: Earn 150,000 points in Charge Beam Weapon Challenge.
In Sunset Overdrive there are 150 Cameras, 150 Overcharge Signs, 150 Fizzy Balloons, 150 Smelly Shoes, 20 High Points, 40 Billboards, 40 Smartphones, and 9 Satellite Hacks to find. Buying maps from Two Hat Jack’s store reveals the location of each collectible on the player’s mini-map.
- Fizzie balloons: Near the edge of buildings and bounce pads.
- Shoes: Hanging from rails in the air.
- Security cameras: Building rooftops.
- Neon Signs: Located in the mid-air, reachable by wall running and bouncing from bounce pads.
Experience and Money:
As certain unlockables in the game require money and experience points in order to unlock it is crucial for the player to take part in the challenges and objectives the game has to offer, in order to gain XP and earn money. The video guides below show how money and XP work within the game and tips on how to earn them.
Experience Points and Money glitch
Fast Gun Level Up, Infinite Money and Overcharge
Unlimited Money Get $304,000 in 2 Hours
Locations and Tips for easy money
Challenges, side quests, and mission aside, Chaos Squad is another way of earning weapons, itemsband money. By heading in to the online portion of the game which is done by entering a photo-booth and waiting for players to join.
Up to eight players will be grouped together where they can access a variety of activities featuring quests and challenges with the focus being placed on accumulating a high score. As some of the unlockables in here can only be accessed through the Chaos Mode it’s worth participating in.
Mission variety within Chaos Mode consists of destroying a number of enemies within a time limit, hacking transmitters, delivering supply drops, destroying bunkers, and protecting signal jammers upon delivery based missions. There are also wave based arena-style missions, fail states based on team member deaths, and high score accumulation within round based missions.
As a team consists of up to eight players it’s worth mixing up weapon loadouts and experimenting with items and traps. Doing so will have the players prepared for what ever missions they participate in and what surprises the game may throw at them.
Chaos Mode explained:
Pre-ordering Sunset Overdrive at different retailers gives players access to different sets of downloadable content. These consist of character outfits, weapons, locations, and missions to take part in.
Pre-order Day One Edition (All retailers)
- Nothin but the Hits gun.
- It’s Me! Fizzie! outfit.
- Hardcore Hammer melee weapon.
Gamestop Exclusive Pre-order
- OD Wannabe outfit.
- Head-Banger gun.
Microsoft Store Exclusive Pre-order
- Acordes de la Muerte melee weapon.
- The Hagnover melee weapon.
Best Buy Exclusive Pre-order
- Fizzco Bot outfit.
- AK-FOFF weapon.
- Koozie Overcharge can.
Amazon Exclusive Pre-order
- Wsteland outfit.
- Hotty Shotty weapon.
Walmart Exclusive Pre-order
- S’more Action melee weapon.
$20 Paid DLC
- Six character outfits.
- Weapons pack game add-on consisting of four weapons.
- Two campaign game add-on providing new locations, boss fights, weapons, challenges, chaos squad objectives, amps, traps, and character outfits.
(Whether or not the retailer exclusive DLC will be available for other players in the future as paid or free DLC is unknown at this point.)
Sunset Overdrive uses character death respawn animations as a basis for humour as well as secrets from other subjects in movies, Tv, games, and popular culture. There are eighteen respawn animations in total.
- Risky Business
- Super Mario Bros. warp pipe
- Special Ops drop
- The Ring
- UFO abduction reject
- Dracula coffin
- The Mummy
- Ransom reject
- Yoshi egg
- Bill and Ted phone booth
- Superman’s ship landing
- Zombie grave
- Old Kung Fu movie intro
- Beam down from Star Trek
- Claw toy drop
- The drill machine from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
All respawn animations:
There are a total of 64 achievements in Sunset Overdrive. Below is a list of all achievements and how to unlock them.
- Orange Soda 15: 5,000 OD’d Massacred.
- Perfection 10: Complete an optional Night Defense without losing any of your Overcharge.
- The Floor is Lava 10: Chain together 100 traversal moves without stopping or touching the ground.
- Stylish Kills 5: Kill 500 enemies while at Style Level 3.
- Let Me Count the Ways 5: Burn, Shock, Freeze, or Enrage 1000 enemies.
- Favorite 10: Upgrade one of your guns to Level 5.
- Many Favorites 30: Upgrade 10 guns to Level 5.
- I Like Them All 30: Upgrade 20 guns to Level 5.
- Amped Up 10: Equip five AMPs on your character at the same time.
- Over-Amped 5: Earn an Amp upgrade in Chaos Squad.
- Badge 20: Earn a badge.
- Who is Sending These? 10: Loot 25 emergency supply drops.
- Can’t Commit 5: Equip one piece of clothing from each Faction at the same time.
- The 0.1% 10: Spend 25,000 Overcharge.
- Overachiever 10: Earn an achievement.
- Appreciation 5: Watch the game’s credits all the way through.
- Not So Secret Ingredient 25: Get to the bottom of Fizzco’s corporate secrets.
- Roleplay While Roleplaying 10: Reach Level 99 in Ignatius’ epic RPG campaign.
- Vat Pack Rat 20: Upgrade the Overcharge vats at every Fort.
- Ultimate Collection 20: Liberate all the comic books for the comic book collector.
- Defender of the Realm 20: Clear Fargarthia of a hidden evil.
- Revolutionary 20: Take back Sunset City for the misfit survivors.
- Equal Opportunity 15: Complete a quest from every faction.
- A Challenger Appears 10: Complete 10 challenges with at least a bronze rating.
- Second Place 10: Complete 30 challenges with at least a silver rating.
- The Champion 10: Complete 50 challenges with a gold rating.
- Chaos in the Old Factory 25: Survive Chaos Squad in the Old Factory District with at least 150 Chaos.
- Chaos in Little Tokyo 25: Survive Chaos Squad in Little Tokyo District with at least 325 Chaos.
- Chaos in the Harbor District 25: Survive Chaos Squad in the Harbor District with at least 750 Chaos.
- Chaos in Downtown 25: Survive Chaos Squad in Downtown District with at least 1625 Chaos.
- Orange Soda II 15: 15,000 OD’d massacred.
- Grind Kills 5: Kill 100 enemies while grinding.
- Bounce Kills 5: Kill 100 enemies while bouncing or while in the air.
- Trap Kills 5: Kill 500 enemies with traps.
- Flung to Safety 5: Kill 100 enemies by flinging them into danger using the Springboard Trap.
- Grind Melee 5: Melee 50 enemies while grinding.
- Out of Stock 10: Destroy 250 Overcharge XT vending machines.
- Crash Landing 10: Destroy 25 Fizzco Blimps just because you can.
- Overdrive 20: Unlock an Overdrive.
- More Overdrive 30:Unlock at least one Rank 4 Overdrive
- Intel 10: Collect all 40 Smartphones:
- Explorer 10: Find all 20 secret sightseeing locations in Sunset City.
- Big Brother: Destroy all 150 Fizzco security cameras.
- other 10: Destroy all 150 Fizzco security cameras.
- Wire Tapping 10: Eavesdrop on nine conversations by hacking into satellites.
- It’s Art, Ok? 10: Deface 40 billboards with graffiti.
- Shoe Closet 10: Collect all 150 shoes hanging from wires.
- Going to Need a Bigger Closet 10: Collect 250 fashion items.
- I Should Get Paid for This 25: Beat Insomniac QA’s high score of 534,080 on the Challenge “Buck’s Revenge.”
- Replay 5: Replay any Mission and complete it under par.
- Not the Boss of Me 5: Replay the final mission and defeat the boss under par.
- What’s Your Sign? 10: Collect all 150 Overcharge hologram signs.
- Hot Air 10: Collect all 150 Fizzie balloons.
- Litter 10: Collect all 150 scraps of toilet paper.
- Mixology 101 10: Collect 20 Amps from Floyd.
- Oh the Horror! 30: Survive Horror Night.
- Dusk Til Dawn 30: Survive one night at your Fort.
- Buck National 20: Become a reality TV star.
- Plan B 35: Survive the glider crash and look for another way out of Sunset City.
- That Balloon 20: Kill a balloon.
- Scout’s Honor 35: Become an honorary Troop Member by finding Bryllcream and defeating Norton.
- Ultra Mega Kill 20: That was a lot of pigeons.
- Save Everyone 35: Save Sunset City from Fizzco’s second-most powerful robot.
- Excalibro 20: Forged the mythical Excalamune.
- This is My City Now 50: Beat the final Fizzco corporate machine.
Below is a set of video guides showing how to earn achievements.
Chaos In The Old Factory Achievement
Bounce Kills Achievement
Grind Melee Achievement
Crash Landing Achievement
Not the Boss of Me Achievement
Out of Stock Achievement
Let Me Count the Ways Achievement
The Floor is Lava Achievement
Flung to Safety Achievement
I Should Get Paid for This Achievement
Note: This guide will updated once we have more information about the game.