Famitsu has released the latest weekly charts for software and hardware sales in Japan, and last week saw quite a bit of activity on the software front in particular, thanks to a couple of major new releases. The biggest one was Tales of Arise, of course, which has sold over a million copies worldwide already- global success that, unsurprisingly, is reflected in its Japanese sales as well. The PS4 version of the game takes the top spot, selling over 151,000 units, while the PS5 version comes in at No. 3 with over 50,000 units sold.
Sandwiched between the two is WarioWare: Get it Together!, which has also enjoyed an impressive debut in its own right, selling over 72,000 copies. The Nintendo Switch version of Ys 9: Monstrum Nox also launched last week, and debuted in ninth place, selling over 7,000 copies.
Meanwhile, on the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch continues to be the top seller, with over 67,000 units sold last week. The PS5 is the second-best performer, though it trails the Switch by quite a margin, having moved over 16,000 units over the course of the week.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending September 12 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [PS4] Tales of Arise – 151,316 (New)
- [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together! – 72,277 (New)
- [PS5] Tales of Arise – 50,482 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 14,628 (2,818,859)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13,863 (4,039,388)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 13,529 (2,180,811)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 8,749 (2,367,610)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 8,428 (4,416,060)
- [NSW] Ys 9: Monstrum Nox – 7,324 (New)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 7,012 (4,135,212)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 67,114 (60,942)
PS5 – 16,975 (17,075)
Xbox Series X – 2,089 (2,605)
PS4 – 1,763 (1,431)
3DS – 789 (746)