Developer Neon Giant has been updating its cyberpunk action RPG The Ascent with little improvements and additions at a pretty regular clip since the game launched earlier this year, and in addition to a recently released DLC pack, the developer has also deployed a new patch for the game.
Patch 5 is a pretty meaty one, adding some much-requested features. Chief among them is transmog- players can now visit a character known as the Stylist at any one of the three safe zones in the game to change the appearance of any equipped armour item with the chosen transmog. Unlike some games that choose to make transmog kind of a headache, it seems like The Ascent is handling it with the simplicity that it should- just change the appearance of your armour whenever you want.
Meanwhile, the update also adds eight new cosmetics. Namely, these are- Street Cap, Habber Cap, Street Headset, Habber Shirt, Blood Direct t-shirt, 2 Blob 3 Blob t-shirt, Slick Trousers, and Habber Jeans.
Of course, the patch has also made a bunch of balancing changes, bug fixes, and other improvements. You can get more details on that in the full patch notes below.
The Ascent is currently available on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.
Fixed some instances of slow loading for Client Players when entering new areas in Online Coop.
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixed some rare crashes on the Xbox One Game Pass version of the game.
- Fixed a crash experienced by some Players on Xbox Series X during ‘Trading Places’ (Mission 3) that could occur during the ‘Access Ship Bridge’ objective.
Save Progress (all platforms)
Fixed an issue for some Players where applying the Halloween Skull Ink resulted in other inks vanishing.
- Fixed numerous stability issues.
- Improved joining stability on Game Pass for hotjoining Players.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Select Profile’ screen appeared on the Start Screen for hotjoining Client Players in some circumstances.
- Various Local Coop fixes made to improve interactions with Vendors.
- Fixed an issue where the Client Player would sometimes not be able to overwrite a Profile after accepting an invite if there was a connectivity issue.
- Fixed an issue experienced by some Players where Main Menu UI elements would disappear after the Player closed the Select Profile tab, before accepting the invite to a game.
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed a navigation issue that could occur during ‘Empowerment’ (Mission 4) where Client Players could be taken in the wrong direction during the ‘Override Distribution Hub’ step.
- Fixed an issue where the Player could be unable to close the Taxi overlay if they trigger a Taxi at the same time as a Vendor.
- Fixed an issue where the Player could trigger a Taxi ride, whilst in Photo Mode.
- Fixed several issues where a softlock could occur when using Photo Mode during Taxi or Tier Elevator usage.
- Fixed some minor Photo Mode UI glitches.
- Fixed several issues with Photo Mode in Local Coop, such as Player 2 being unable to close the UI after activation & the Pause UI not appearing.
- Fixed an edge case crash in Photo Mode that could happen when picking up an item at the same moment that Photo Mode is invoked.
All Coop Players should now be able to hear each other’s bullets.
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed the ‘Flatliner’ Achievement issue where the Codex entries for Celine & Hung were sometimes not unlocked correctly.
- Fixed an issue experienced by some Players where the ‘Hygiene’ Achievement was not being given when using certain sinks/toilets.
Translation (all platforms)
Fixes and improvements made to localisation across the game.
Fixed some minor UI issues.
Misc. Fixes (all platforms)
- Numerous minor collision fixes addressed.
- New ‘Downloadable Content’ button has been added to the Main Menu so you can easily find new content for ‘The Ascent’ for Steam and Xbox consoles. It will be added for Game Pass PC in our next patch.
- We’ve added a build number to all versions of ‘The Ascent’, this is to aid in debugging future community issues. The number can be found in the lower right hand corner of the Main Menu. Please use this number when reporting issues, many thanks!
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)