In spite of relative commercial and critical failure upon its launch, Ubisoft have persisted with their support for their open world racing MMO, The Crew. They continued supporting it post launch with substantial updates and patches through its first year on the market, and then, late last year, launched a new expansion for the title that sought to fix a lot of its issues. It was called The Crew: Wild Run, and it certainly hinted at the kind of game The Crew had presumably always wanted to be.
The support does not end here, either, as The Crew will continue to get some pretty neat updates. Take this next one, for example, which is due out “very soon.” The update will be adding a new Photo Mode to the game, as well as improved handling, and a new Speed Trap Challenge. You can check out the full patch notes below:
New Content and Features
- Speed Trap challenge: This new game feature will be introduced during “The Summit” on January 25. In a Speed Trap challenge, a player must find the best path to pass the radar points with the maximum speed. The final score is the player’s average speed from all the radar points.
- Photo Mode: More details about this new feature will be shared very soon! This new game feature allows players to take in-game screenshots. Photo mode can be activated anywhere in FreeDrive, with access to various menus and options.
- “The Summit” monthly reward bonus: During “The Summit,” players can try winning an exclusive vehicle. Chances of winning this vehicle depend on your performances during the last week of the month.
- With this upcoming patch, we are introducing a new change that will add a bonus chance on top of your performance during “The Summit.” Participation qualifiers throughout the month will award players with a +5% bonus chance of winning the exclusive vehicle for the month. This +5% bonus will be granted whether you achieve bronze, silver, gold, or platinum medals in any qualifier. If you participate in four qualifiers during the month ranking from bronze to platinum before entering “The Summit,” you will already have a +20% chance of winning the exclusive vehicle! For example, a player who ranks silver during “The Summit” would have the usual 10% chance of winning the exclusive vehicle, plus the bonus chance acquired by participating in the various qualifiers for the month.
- Monster Trucks gameplay: Monster trucks have received several adjustments to improve gameplay mechanics during the monster arena challenges. New tricks and combos have been introduced for even more fun, and the scoring system has been tuned as well.
- Crew time attack missions The forced crew missions in qualifiers and “The Summit” can also now be launched in a crew of two or three players.
- Drift missions: The scoring system has been reworked during drift missions. Players who are able to perform long drifts will now be rewarded with even more points.
- Improved handling for several vehicles:
- Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 FULL STOCK/STREET/DIRT
- Chevrolet Impala Sport Sedan 1967 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT
- RUF 3400 K FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 FULL STOCK/STREET
- Improved handling when using driving wheels, manual gearbox and clutch.
- Fixed the spawning location of vehicles in some missions.
The Crew: Wild Run is available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and PC.