SNK’s sequel to the long-running fighting game series, The King of Fighters 15, is finally out on PC and consoles, and while for the most part players have been enjoying the game, the developer has been very responsive in fixing the lingering issues the game had on launch day.
SNK has now also released a new update for the fighting game, and looking at the patch notes, it seems like the changes are minor, but still necessary. For starters, update 1.02 brings in fixes related to training mode, where playing back a recording sometimes would make the player 1 character behave in an unintended way. Apart from that, character-specific fixes, such as adjusting meter usage for Ash Crimson’s Shatter Strike, and Athena going silent while performing Psychic Shoot in mid-air, are also part of the update.
You can check through the patch notes for a more detailed explanation, or have a look at a selection of them down below.
The King of Fighters 15 is available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can read our review of the game through here.
The King of Fighters 15 Update 1.02
- Training: When playing back a recording under certain circumstances, the player 1 character behaved in an unintended way. This has now been resolved.
- Ash Crimson: Adjusted Shatter Strike meter usage during Max Mode from 200 to 400
- Yashiro Nanakase: Adjusted Shatter Strike meter usage during Max Mode from 200 to 400.
- Chris: Adjusted Shatter Strike meter usage during Max Mode from 200 to 400.
- Joe Higashi: Bakuretsuken – Resolved an issue where only Bakuretsuken could be cancelled intro from the beginning of attack normals.
- Robert Garcia: Ryuuko Ranbu (Normal Ver.) – When Ryuuko Ranbu (Normal ver.) hits on either edge of the screen, another hit can be followed up. As this is not intended, landing recovery frames were added to prevent a follow up.
- Athena Asamiya: Psychic Shoot – Resolved an issue where under circumstances, Athena Becomes silent.
- Vanessa: Guard Cancel Emergency Evasion (Fwd/Back) – Reduced distance travelled during Guard Cancel Emergency Evasion, along with adusting its meter usage during Max Mode from 0 to 200.