The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Announced, Releases in 2021 for Japan

Set in Calvard, the new title will feature entirely new characters, a new combat system and more.

Posted By | On 16th, Dec. 2020

The Legend of Heroes - Kuro no Kiseki

Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki launched this past August in Japan and has yet to be localized for the West. Nevertheless, the developer has already announced its next game in the series – The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki. President Toshihiro Kondo shared new details in the latest Weekly Famitsu (translations via Gematsu), confirming that it would be set in the Republic of Calvard in the Year S.1208.

Unlike previous arcs, the story is more about the “gray zone of society” with a detective, bounty hunter and negotiator said to be involved. Calvard itself is described as a mix of Europe and Asia with the map being equivalent to the Cold Steel series (though it’s “somewhat smaller” than Erebonia). In terms of content, you can expect it to be equivalent to a single Trails of Cold Steel title.

Along with improved character modeling thanks to the new game engine, about 90 percent of the characters are all news. Though the remaining 10 percent will be “highly anticipated”, you shouldn’t expect 50 playable characters this time around. Thus far, three have been revealed – a redheaded male who uses dual blades, a man with a long blue coat and a woman that resembles Alisa Reinford from Cold Steel. The protagonist has yet to be confirmed.

As for combat, movement and battles are seamless with some action elements added to battles. You’ll now input commands in real-time, though it’s still possible to go back to a more command-style approach. Combat Links and Brave Orders won’t be featured but there is a new system in place. Interestingly enough, there’s the new “Alignment Flame” which will change the character’s alignment to “Lawful”, “Gray” and “Chaotic” depending on one’s playstyle, though it won’t lock out any key story events.

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki is currently planned to release for PS4 along with “other platforms where there is demand.” Kondo said, “Since there are the usual technical challenges, we will consider starting where there’s the most demand.” The studio in general is making plans to develop for PS5 so it should be interesting to see if it releases there.


Amazing Articles You Might Want To Check Out!



Share Your Thoughts Below  (Always follow our comments policy!)



Keep On Reading!

The Division: Resurgence Announced for iOS and Android, First Trailer Revealed

The Division: Resurgence Announced for iOS and Android, First Trailer Revealed

Play as SHD agents and battle enemy factions in open-world New York. Closed alpha sign-ups for the mobile titl...

Fall Guys Hits 50 Million Players in Two Weeks After Free-to-Play Launch

Fall Guys Hits 50 Million Players in Two Weeks After Free-to-Play Launch

After reaching 20 million players in the first 48 hours, the battle royale party title continues to notch up i...

Gwent: Rogue Mage Announced, Launches Tomorrow for PC and Mobiles

Gwent: Rogue Mage Announced, Launches Tomorrow for PC and Mobiles

Set hundreds of years before the main series with the mage Azul trying to create the first Witcher, the $10 ex...

The Division Mobile Announcement is Coming Today – Rumor

The Division Mobile Announcement is Coming Today – Rumor

Ubisoft Massive confirmed some news this month for the title, but insider Tom Henderson indicates an announcem...

Nintendo Switch – OLED Model Splatoon 3 Edition Launches August 26th

Nintendo Switch – OLED Model Splatoon 3 Edition Launches August 26th

The special model includes a custom dock and Joy Con controllers for $360. A custom Switch Pro Controller and ...

Biomutant Launches for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S on September 6

Biomutant Launches for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S on September 6

On current-gen hardware, the game will feature three graphics modes- Quality, Quality Unleashed, and Performan...