Tomb Raider has topped the UK sales chart for 2013 and has sold double of what Aliens: Colonial Marines could manage.
We had earlier reported that the game had sold 1 million units in less than 2 days and this is a massive achievement for a franchise that was in decline and was rebooted.
The experiment has been successful and the game has been a huge critical and commercial success. Square Enix should be pleased at what Crystal Dynamics have done and Nixxes’ wonderful PC port also needs a word of praise.
The game was reviewed by us as well and we gave it a glowing 9/10 score.
“This reboot has been the best thing that happened to the franchise and I’d say they even earned a new fan. I like this new Lara Croft–backed by incredible production values and a motivated team,” our review read.
SimCity has taken the no. 2 spot, followed by Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. Sims 3 expansion pack called The Sims 3: University Life is at no. 4 and FIFA 13 is at no 5.
Check out the full list below.
- Tomb Raider – Square Enix Europe
- SimCity – Electronic Arts
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 – Namco Bandai Games
- The Sims 3: University Life – Electronic Arts
- FIFA 13 – Electronic Arts
- Crysis 3 – Electronic Arts
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops II – Activision Blizzard
- Far Cry 3 – Ubisoft
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – Konami
- The Elder Scrolls V – Ubisoft
- Assassin’s Creed III – Ubisoft
- Need For Speed Most Wanted – Electronic Arts
- Skylanders Giants – Activision Blizzard
- Hitman Absolution – Square Enix Europe
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – Sega
- Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes – Warner Bros. Interactive
- Halo 4 – Microsoft
- Grand Theft Auto IV – Take 2
- Dead Space 3 – Electronic Arts
- Forza Horizon – Microsoft
- Lego The Lord Of The Rings – Warner Bros. Interactive
- Grand Theft Auto Episodes – Liberty City – Take 2
- Just Dance 4 – Ubisoft
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed – Sega
- Forza Motorsport 4 – Microsoft
- Red Dead Redemption: Goty – Take 2
- Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games – Sega
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – Nintendo
- Football Manager 2013 – Sega
- Dishonored – Bethesda Softworks
- Sleeping Dogs – Square Enix Europe
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two – Disney Interactive Studios
- Hitman: Hd Trilogy – Square Enix Europe
- WWE ’13 – Thq
- The Sims 3 – Electronic Arts
- Dead Island Goty Edition – Koch Media
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 – Konami
- Medal Of Honor: Warfighter – Electronic Arts
- The Sims 3: Pets – Electronic Arts
- Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition – Sony Computer Ent.