It may not have had the best reception from the critics, but Crackdown 2, the sequel to Microsoft’s surprise 2007 open world hit Crackdown, has the first spot firmly in its grip, as far as sales in the UK are concerned. Outperforming games like even Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and LEGO Harry Potter, Crackdown 2 held on to first spot for the second week running. Funny what advertising can do to games and how they’re received by the markets. If only Microsoft had invested so much effort into marketing the much better Alan Wake.
The complete sales figures are as below:
01. Crackdown 2 (Microsoft)
02. Dance On Broadway (Ubisoft)
03. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)
04. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
05. Toy Story 3 (Disney)
06. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
07. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
08. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA)
09. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
10. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
This is, of course, in complete contrast with the top selling games in the US in the month of June, as reported by NPD. Crackdown 2 was nowhere to be seen in the month’s top 10.
Well, different folks, different strokes, I guess. And the people in the UK are very different from the people in the US.