Digital Extremes’ Warframe will be receiving a hefty new update today with Chains of Harrow. The update will go live at 5 PM ET and will feature numerous new additions.
This includes a new frame called Harrow that uses the power of the Void for different abilities. These include Condemn which tethers enemies down, each captured foe reinforcing Harrow’s shields. Penance expends shields to increase reload and fire rate with any damage on enemies turning into healing for Harrow and fellow Warframes.
Thurible channels energy into a buff and grants allies energy with enemy deaths (headshots creating additional energy while Covenant creates an energy shield to absorb all damage and create a bonus to Critical Chance with headshots further strengthening the effect.
Along with Harrow, the update will also provide a graphical overhaul to Earth, add a new Grineer enemy to battle, new weapons and much more. Check out the full patch notes before and let us know what you think of Chains of Harrow in the comments.
- Play as Harrow: Harness the power of the Void to bolster allies’ defenses and amplify their lethality with Lotus’ newest Warrior, Harrow, using four deadly abilities:
- Condemn – Cast a wave of energy that chains them where they stand. Each enemy held reinforces Harrow’s shields.
- Penance – Sacrifice shields to boost reload, and fire rate while converting damage inflicted on enemies into health for Harrow and nearby allies.
- Thurible – Channel Harrow’s energy into the Thurible to generate a buff. The more energy channeled, the longer the buff will last. Once finished, kill enemies to bestow nearby allies with bursts of energy. Headshots produce extra energy.
- Covenant – Protect nearby allies with an energy force that absorbs all damage and converts it to a Critical Chance bonus for all those under the Covenant. Headshots are amplified even further.
- Take the Quest: A disturbing transmission from Red Veil’s spiritual medium leads to an abandoned Steel Meridian vessel adrift on the outskirts of Earth. Inside, strange whispers echo throughout the lifeless vessel. What force unleashed this evil and how can it be stopped? (The Chains of Harrow Quest will appear in the Codex for those who have completed The War Within and unlocked Mot in the Void.)
- Earth Remastered: Experience Earth like never before with the beautifully remastered Earth environments. Clash with Grineer amidst luscious vegetation and envelope your Warframe in the naturalistic lighting and a remastered soundscape. Visit any of the Earth Terrain Missions to experience this stunning overhaul.
- New Grineer Enemy: Nox is a new enemy that is part of the Elite Chem Strike Unit. Nox wields a toxin-filled heavy gun that shoots blobs of toxic goo that attach themselves to targets before exploding. Take out these gruesome enemies by shooting their glass helmets and exposing their deteriorating skin. Beware of their final moments, as they explode into a lethal cloud.
- New Weapons:
- Knell (pistol): Ring the death knell. Every headshot from this scoped pistol increases Critical Chance for a short period.
- Scourge (spear): Blast targets with corrosive plasma projectiles, or toss the scepter to inflict nearby enemies with an energy field that amplifies their brain waves to attract bullets.
- New Syandana: A “priestly” addition, the Nave Syandana completes Harrow’s iconic look.
- More: Check out the new Captura Tiles (Forest tiles), Octavia’s Anthem-related Instrument Pack (Corpus & Grineer Packs), Glaive and Melee Rework (all melee throwing weapons can be used concurrently with secondary weapons), Alt-Helm, new Riven Mods for Melee Weapons, and more.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)