Warframe Plains of Eidolon Live on PC, Hotfix 22.0.2 Notes Released
Mortar damage and radius reduced while a number of bugs and crash issues have been fixed.
Digital Extremes’ Warframe has finally received its open world update Plains of Eidolon and brings a bunch of new activities like mining, fishing, Teralyst hunting, spelunking and much more. Over 3 GB in size, the update marks a big step forward for the free to play shooter.
Of course, it’s not without its issues. Players quickly found issues with missions involving a hijacked drone that could be difficult since they had to stick right next to it (the amount of health it had didn’t help either). Then there was the damage caused by Mortars, bugs that would cause the game to crash or just be stuck at a certain screen, and enemy weaponry being a little too accurate. Thankfully, these have been adjusted in hotfix 22.0.2, the notes of which you can find here.
To make things even better, the new Warframe Gara now requires Orokin Cells to craft as opposed to Kuva, which is a resource that new players would have a pretty difficult time procuring in the first place. After all the Plains of Eidolon update is meant for beginners as much as veterans.
Check out some of the hotfix’s big changes below and let us know what you think of the update in the comments below.
Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.2
Added more details to Zenuriks Energizing Dash description to better clarify how it functions.
Plains Drone Hijack Changes & Fixes:
- Added UI icons to match current objective markers at all stages.
- Hijacked Drone now scales in Health by the # of players.
- Replaced the yellow diamond marker at extraction with the white NPC extraction marker used in Defection missions.
- Increased the Hijacked Drones move radius. Players must now be within 30 meters of Drone for it to move to objective (was 10 meters).
- Reduced Lotus transmissions when reinforcements are called in to destroy the Hijacked Drone.
- Fixed an issue where if more than one Drone Hijack Incursion was played, the previous Incursion’s Drone destination was marked as the new Incursion’s Drone
- destination and the Drone moved to an unmarked location.
Mortar and Bombard Enemy Changes:
- Drastically reduced the AoE damage from 150 to 40 for Mortar projectiles.
- Reduced the Impact damage of the Mortar Bombard mortars from 25 to 17 and AoE damage reduced from 50 to 25.
- Reduced the Impact damage of Bomber bombs from 25 to 20, AoE damage from 35 to 30, and AoE radius from 15 to 12.
- Reduced the Impact damage of Bomber rockets from 15 to 12 and AoE damage from 20 to 17.
- Reduced the Armor of Bombers from 500 to 450 and Health reduced from 5000 to 4500.
- Replaced Gara’s Blueprint requirement of Kuva with Orokin Cells.
- Increased Endo Bounty rewards at highest tiers – we will continue to monitor and balance the economy (rewards and costs). Worry not, Tenno!
- Vor’s Prize will now appear as “Completed” in the Codex for players that chose to skip it back in the day. This was causing confusion on prerequisites for Saya’s Vigil – it wasn’t stopping progression, just adding confusion.
- Updated an old Waypoint used in Stolen Dreams and The New Strange quests which was missing an in-world marker and yellow tint, this may have caused some confusion as all missions use the in-world marker now.
- Included a small optimization for Relay/Cetus CPU for high players counts.
- Adjusted the positioning, size, and hit radius of the Iradite Resource in the Plains.
- Lowered Eidolon Drone hijack marker’s minimum range from 40 meters to 5 meters.
- Adjusted the weaponry of the Skiffs and Tusk Dargyn’s in the Plains to not be so accurate.
- Operator’s first Amp will now properly strip resistances.
- The Focus School selection screen will now appear on login if a player has completed Second Dream but doesn’t have a Focus ability selected yet. This should also fix people stuck in the War Within quest or The Second Dream quest.
- Removed the ‘Exit’ button from the End of Mission Failed screen upon dying in the Plains. This fixes clicking ‘Exit’ resulting in a screen lock and having to close the game.
- Increased the Grineer Dropship Turrets base Armor from 50 to 100 and increased Turret base Health from 600 to 650.
- To reduce unintended Transference movement chaining, one can only use Transference once after a jump and must land before being able to use Transference again.
- End of mission Endo rewards will now appear as a sum instead of multiples (ex. 200 Endo as opposed to 50 Endo x 4).
- Increased the context action of Grineer Caches from Incursions/Bounties in the Plains.