Robots and Rangers-inspired outfits have arrived in Wasteland 3 as patch 1.3.0 has gone live on all platforms. Free costumes aren’t the only appeal of the new update – it also adds Tourist Mode, which is an easier difficulty than Rookie. This allows players to enjoy the narrative without getting hung up on the combat.
Along with new outfits, one can also find new hair, beards and pants in the character creation menu. Other changes include Intelligence providing +1 skill point for each point invested into it and being able to bind camera panning to the keyboard and mouse. The Suncatcher in the Garden of the Gods mission has also been changed to spread fire patches instead of instantly dealing damage to enemies, making the encounter less of a pushover.
Some more interesting changes include the Scar Collector attack on Ranger HQ now having less NPC Rangers helping out; more enemies in the final boss battles; and the Meat Maker damage exploit being fixed. You also don’t have to worry about doctors curing you of mutations gained from radiation on the World Map. Those can now only be removed by using No-Glo. Check out the full patch notes here for more details.
Wasteland 3 Patch 1.3.0 “Robots & Rangers”
- New difficulty mode: Tourist – Tourist mode is easier than Rookie, letting you enjoy Wasteland 3’s story, with combat difficulty taking a back seat.
- New cosmetics! New Hair, Beards, and Pants have been added to character creation.
- The Handmade Wizard and Knight costumes will let you roleplay all your Robots & Rangers fantasies. Anyone already past the Cornered Rats mission (Garden of the Gods) will receive them automatically, while anyone progressing through the quests will want to head back to Ranger HQ to claim the care package outside the front gate. Equip the costumes at the wardrobe in Ranger HQ or the clothing shop in Downtown Colorado Springs…and attack the darkness!
- Intelligence now gives +1 skill point for every point of Intelligence spent, up from +1 every other point. This change applies retroactively to existing save games.
- The Book Learnin’ and Answering Machine achievements are now achievable. Note: The missing Book Learnin’ note becomes available after passing a Leadership skill check when first meeting the Patriarch and then speaking to Magistrate Silas Watkins in Downtown Colorado Springs.
- Resolved an animation stutter that appeared as a framerate drop while moving, and was particularly noticeable on the PlayStation 4.
- More actions are now able to be bound to keyboard and mouse, most notably camera panning. The game will also unmap double-bound keys to prevent input conflicts, and warn you about missing keybinds before you leave the menu.