Following the delay of Watch Dogs Online from December 2020 to this year, Ubisoft has some new information on the multiplayer mode. It announced the release of title update 3.0 for Watch Dogs: Legion, which is currently live on PC (console versions coming soon). Along with bug fixes and improvements, it also has files for an upcoming closed technical test of the online mode.
As per the developer, “The focus of the tech test is on service stability and ensuring a smooth Online Mode launch as our dev team gathers data from a larger sample size of players.” It also noted that some of the changes from the current title update for consoles may be rolled into an update for the launch of the online mode. When could Watch Dogs Online be expected? Ubisoft said that it “will have more information coming to you soon.”
In the meantime, title update 3.0 provides a host of fixes for issues, from some sound effects not playing when starting a new game or resuming from the pause menu to various crash fixes. Check out the full patch notes here for more details. Watch Dogs: Legion is currently available for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox Series X/S, PS5 and Stadia.
Watch Dogs: Legion Title Update 3.0 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where certain sound effects would not play after starting a new game, or when resuming a game from the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the audio to glitch and stutter in the open world.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in the cinematic after talking to Hamish in the “Power from the People” mission.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash due to an audio bug.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when loading into the world.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when exiting to the Main Menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the objective to not update after the cinematic in the Lost and Found mission.
- Fixed an issue where a recruitment mission would not start when force quitting or crashing the application while the first dialogue sequence is occurring.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze when switching between the Phone and Pause menus while interacting with a server via a Spiderbot during a Borough Uprising Mission.
- Fixed an issue causing the Neutralize VIP marker to not follow the target during the Neutralize/Eliminate VIP objective in the Borough Uprising Mission for Wandsworth/Nine Elms.