Ubisoft has a new title update for Watch Dogs: Legion which fixes a number of bugs and crashes. Among the key issues it resolves include one that let players change the difficulty and options for permadeath from the main menu. It also fixes an issue referred to as a “Super Game Over” where after getting a Game Over in permadeath, there would be no player characters spawned when beginning a new game.
An exploit that allowed players to open an ETO safe continuously to receive huge amounts of cash has also been fixed. Interestingly, despite planning it for early December, there doesn’t seem to be a fix for save issues. Several weeks ago, Xbox Series X players reported losing progress which mirrors an issue that PC players had for a while.
The current title update does make “further optimizations” to save games on Xbox One, PS4 and PC to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression. This suggests that the issue hasn’t been fully fixed on those platforms either. We’ll need to wait for more information in the meantime.
Watch Dogs: Legion is currently available for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox Series X/S, PS5 and Google Stadia. Watch Dogs Online, a free multiplayer update slated to release this week, has been pushed to early 2021.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to change game difficulty and permadeath options while in the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where a black screen could occur when opening the door to hidden rooms.
- Super Game Over: Fixed an issue where, after getting Game Over in Permadeath Mode, players would spawn without any player characters when starting a new game.
- Players can no longer defy space and time to open an ETO safe an infinite amount of times.
- Fixed an issue where operatives would sometimes fall through the water on builds with AMD GPUs.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on saving after exiting the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the team menu.
- Fixed a crash that might occur when using the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where lightning could get overblown during the day.
- Optimized loading time when quitting to the main menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the game autodetected input devices.
- Fixed an out of memory crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling or disabling Ray Tracing.
- Further optimizations made to save games to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression.