A lot’s been made of PS5’s Kraken compression technique, and it’s one of the few aspects of the new hardware that has already started showing results. We’ve seen more than a few cases of games and their updates having significantly smaller sizes on the PS5 as compared to other systems, and with its newest title update, Watch Dogs: Legion has leveraged the PS5’s compression to great effect once again.
As per Ubisoft, Title Update 5.6 for Watch Dogs: Legion has a size of just 3.2 GB on the PS5- which is significantly smaller than its size on pretty much every other system. Its size is 40.2 GB on Xbox Series X/S, 26.6 GB on PS4, 23.8 GB on Xbox One, and 25.98 GB on PC and Stadia. Of course, there is the chance that different composition of patches on different consoles might result in different sizes- but this is a significant and impressive margin nonetheless.
The title update has now rolled out for Watch Dogs: Legion on all platforms. You can check out the full patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spiderbot Arena minimum player requirement to be 4 players. This fix reduces the minimum player requirement to the intended 2 players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain circumstances.
- Fixed missing visual effects on some UI highlights when hovering over them with a mouse.
- Removed the Cargo Drone from Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be unable to recruit Operatives with the requirement of Season Rank 10 while having already unlocked Rank 10.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when signing out of the active profile while in the main menu of Watch Dogs: Legion.
- Fixed an issue where controller inputs did not register if a controller was activated after accepting an out-of-game invitation to start Watch Dogs: Legion.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash.