Nintendo has released the release schedule for Wii U for the first half of 2013, and surprisingly, only 13 games are listed. We’re hoping there will be more games announced later in the next 6 months, because just 13 games seems to be a bit too less.
Rayman Legends releases on February 28th, while Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out in March. Pikmin 3 will also be coming out in Q2, that is April- June.
Other major titles include Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, LEGO City Undercover and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
Here’s the list for full Wii U releases:
– Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Nintendo) – January 11th
– Sing Party (Nintendo) – January 18th
– Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) – January 24th
– Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) – February 8th
– NBA 2K13 (2K Games) – February 11th
– Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) – February 28th
– F1 Star Stars (Codemasters) – March 1st
– Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcon) – March
– The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Namco Bandai) – March
– Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega) – Q1 2013
– Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA) – Q1 2013
– LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo) – Early 2013
– Pikmin 3 (Nintendo) – Q2 2013
– BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 (Gaijin Games) – Q1 2013
– Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Renegade Kid) – Q1 2013
– The Cave (Sega) – Q1 2013
The Wii U underperformed contrary to expectation in the US during the month of December, while the Xbox 360 and the PS3 both outsold it, the former selling almost 1.5 million. Even the Wii U’s own predecessor, the Wii outsold it. See the full report here.
Stay tuned for more coverage.