World War 3’s Latest Update Adds Team Deathmatch, New Map, and More
A new spawn system and a new vehicle and weapon each have also been added.
The Farm 51’s tactical multiplayer first person shooter, World War 3 entered Steam Early Access last month, and more stuff has now been added to the game for early adopters to test out. Plenty of significant new content has been added into the game as part of update 0.2.
Most notable of it all is a team deathmatch mode of the 10v10 variety, while a new map, called Warsaw Shopping Mall, is also part of the update. A new weapon (MSBS Bullpup), a new vehicle (IFV Boxer), and a new uniform (Russian Partisan) have been added to the game as well.
There’s a new spawn system in place as well, while current spawn locations on maps have been tweaked. Meanwhile, the Vepr has been nerfed again, now having more recoil, and thermal scopes of the medium magnification variety for Thor SM and MM and of the high magnification kind for the Odin LM have also been introduced.
You can check out the full patch notes below.
- New gamemode: Team Deathmatch,
- New map: Warsaw Shopping Mall (TDM only),
- New weapon: MSBS Bullpup,
- New vehicle: IFV Boxer,
- New uniform: Russian Partisan,
- New vehicle armor: RPG nets for IFV Boxer and IFV Bumerang,
- New spawn system (TDM only for now!).
- In-game grenade selector (just like gadget),
- Backend: Progression system (first pass),
- Thermal scopes (first pass),
- Backend: Item unlocking,
- Backend: Server authentication,
- First tests of the changing day/night system (TDM map only).
- Added Thermal scopes: Medium-magnification scopes (Thor SM, MM) and high-magnification (Odin LM),
- Added a new assault rifle: MSBS-B. It’s chambered in .300 Blackout giving it better damage than other Western rifles but at the cost of much bigger bullet drop, high damage dropoff and strong kick,
- Vepr nerfed again with increased recoil,
- Tor damage reduced, making it only slightly more powerful than the G29. However, due to .50 cal’s AP performance it should deal more damage when hitting the enemy directly into the chest plate,
- Sniper rifles had their bullet velocities lowered (turns out they were bugged and behaved like hitscan weapons), they should be comparable to ARs now,
- RPGs nerfed: Reduced blast radious on basic warheads, reduced damage and damage falloff on Frag warheads (this should make them used primarily for weakening and injuring enemies over a larger area and not for killing them with a cheap shot),
- Adjusted the Frag RPG warhead to make it more easily recognizable (it’s brighter, more gray/brown-ish in colour),
- New prototype weapon muzzle flashes. They should have slightly better performance and look better, please give us feedback wether or not do they hinder your visibility while shooting. If anything will be off we will be tweaking them,
- New particle effects for Support Strikes: Artillery, Airstrikes, Carpet Bombings, now it’s easier to differentiate which one is being used,
- Fixed splash damage for >25mm caliber rounds, now splash damage decreases properly with the radius of the explosion (the further from the center of explosion the lesser the damage),
- You can no longer vault while reloading,
- Tweaked spawn locations on all maps,
- Added optimized light to all TPP muzzle flashes,
- And more.
- Fixed item names and descriptions on popups,
- Marking should be fixed now,
- Radar Equipment for UGV works as intended,
- Mini UGV does not receive decals from the environment,
- Lance RC turret smoke grenades’ shoot properly,
- T90 turret hatch attaches properly,
- Proper destruction meshes for Falcon turret optics,
- Lower attachments count on certain vehicle armors (Anders, Marder, and T72). It should result in a slight performance boost,
- Fixeds in left hand position on certain handguards,
- Fixed broken materials on some emblems,
- Fixed ammo display in customization,
- Weapon calibers should now display properly,
- Fixed animations for Glauberyt SMG,
- Fixed score for punishing players,
- Destroyed vehicles no longer appear repairable for repair kits users,
- Fixed antimeterial rifles dealing massive damage to vehicle turrets,
- Fixed a bug where after first login items were unlocked,
- Fixed a bug with resetting customization,
- Fixed a bug where sometimes unlocked items couldn’t be equipped,
- Various chat fixes,
- Fixed an issue that prevented CPU Performance Boost from being disabled,
- Fixed assist for marking not working,
- And more.
- Reworked muzzle particles to reduce FPS drops when firing,
- New impact particles,
- Lowered attachment count on certain vehicle armors,
- Level streaming improvements,
- Collision optimizations,
- Continuous optimization effort on all fronts.
- Changed “Performance Boost” to “CPU Performance Boost” to better reflect what it’s for,
- Tweaked RPG explosion,
- Flash hiders are now functional,
- Added chat window to summary screens,
- Adjusted blast radii for >25mm rounds to the fixed splash damage values,
- Anti-Tank mines damage reduced to 600, now 2 mines are required to destroy a vehicle,
- Improved UGV durability against RPG projectiles: 1 Tandem or 2 Single Stage are enough to destroy a UGV,
- Reduced smoke grenades uses from 5 to 2,
- Reduced ricochet chance on >25mm projectiles,
- TDM summary screen map display name,
- Reworked armor pricing and masses,
- Changed P: to L: since we’re showing latency to the server, not straight ping,
- Tweaks to thermal vision postprocess,
- Menu thumbnails updated,
- Various animation tweaks (idles, reloads),
- Matchmaking improvements,
- Many more minor tweaks and improvements.