The first major content update for Saber Interactive’s zombie co-op shooter World War Z is now live. The name “Undead Sea” isn’t just for show – it actually denotes the new Tokyo mission that takes place on a zombie-filled ferry. A new special zombie is also on the loose that can spit toxins. It even resurrects if not killed properly.
The new zombie will spawn on all levels, so expect new challenges when revisiting previous missions. Other new features include sliders for field of view and animation quality, along with support for private lobbies. The development team also confirmed that the six-skull difficulty setting, Weekly Challenge mode, Survival Mode, and class switching in PvPvZ matches will be arriving next as part of its roadmap.
Which new feature will come first remains to be seen. Check out some of the patch notes for Undead Sea below. It should be noted that hosting a game locally in private lobbies is only available on Xbox One and PS4. PC players should expect the same feature “later”.
- Added Tokyo 3 level.
- Added new special zombie that will spawn on all levels.
- Added private lobbies.
- Added ability to host the game locally in private lobbies. (Only on Xbox and PS4 at the moment, same functionality will be available on PC later)
- Added ability to disable bots in private lobbies.
- Added UI that shows maximum difficulty each level was completed on.
- Added FoV scale slider.
- Added option to change PvP loadout during the game.
- Added feature that will prevent Lurker from spawning near players that are joining the game in progress.
- Tripled delay, which governs how often Lurker can spawn in the exact same position.
- Constant sprinting will now aggro zombies from a bigger distance.
Reworked “zombie stagger” mechanics. When hit, zombies used to play a long hit animation based on gun caliber and an element of randomness. Now they will play hit animations based on gun caliber and if they are hit repeatedly in a short period. This will make shotguns and fast firing weapons more consistent at staggering zombies.
- AI Director will spawn less primary weapons if players are already carrying tier 3 weapons.
- When AI Director decides to spawn a small wave of zombies, it will contain more zombies, but the wave duration will be shorter.
Made stealth more consistent across all levels; executing perfect stealth will delay the first wave of non-swarm zombies.
Increased chance of spawning special zombies in idle state.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)