Recent rumours have suggested that a reveal for 2K’s next WWE game is imminent, and that has indeed happened. WWE 2K23 has been officially unveiled, with 2K also confirming – true to recent leaks – that WWE star and Hollywood bigwig John Cena will be the cover star for this year’s game, and will be featured on the cover of every edition.
The game’s roster will also feature the likes of Roman Reigns, “American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, and more, while musician and wrestler Bad Bunny will also be making his WWE 2K debut.
This year’s Showcase Mode will be focused on the aforementioned Cena, and unlike past years’ Showcase Modes, will see players playing as his toughest competitors throughout 20 years of his career, with Cena himself narrating the entire story. Meanwhile, WarGames will also be making its debut, introducing chaotic 3v3 and 4v4 single player and multiplayer bouts inside two side-by-side rings, surrounded by a double-steel cage.
MyGM will feature more GMs to choose from (while players will, of course, also be allowed to create their own character), as well as additional show options, multiple seasons, expanded match cards, and more match types for up to four players. Meanwhile, players can also expect improvements to MyRISE, MyFACTION, Universe, the creation suite, and more.
Meanwhile, 2K has also announced several editions for the game. You can check out details on each of them, in addition to screenshots and the game’s reveal trailer, below.
WWE 2K23 launches on March 17 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Deluxe and Icon Edition owners will gain early access on March 14.
WWE 2K23 EDITIONS AND PRE-ORDER BONUS:
- The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99 on previous-gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One consoles) and PC and for $69.99 on current-gen consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S) in both physical and digital formats.
- The Cross-Gen edition will be available digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The Cross-Gen edition includes the Standard Edition across previous and current-gen platforms within the same console family and the same PlayStation or Xbox account.
- The Deluxe Edition will be available for $99.99 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One in both physical and digital formats, and on PC in digital format. The Deluxe Edition includes the Standard Edition, Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, plus a Season Pass to all five post-launch DLC content packs; the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger; Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo Card, Gold Edge MyFACTION Card, Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, Gold Asuka MyFACTION Card, and three Basic Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Deluxe Edition will be available from March 14, 2023 – three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions;
- The Icon Edition will be available for $119.99 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC, featuring original cover art by renowned WWE-inspired artist Rob Schamberger. In addition to the Standard Edition and all bonus content included in the Deluxe Edition, the Icon Edition includes the Ruthless Aggression Pack, celebrating 20 years of John Cena’s WWE career by featuring John Cena’s early “Prototype” character, as well as “Leviathan” Batista, developmental rookie versions of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton, the John Cena Legacy Championship and WrestleMania 22 Arena. Additional bonus content includes an Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager Card, and three Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Icon Edition will be available from March 14, 2023 – three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions;
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack Pre-Order Offer: Players who pre-order the Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will receive the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, which includes Bad Bunny as a playable character, as well as a Ruby tier Bad Bunny MyFACTION card. The Bad Bunny Bonus Pack is included in the Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition at launch.