The latest insider build of Xbox One’s system software seems to be causing a lot of issues, with many users complaining about booting into a black screen of death with no possible solution out of it. The build in question isn’t the public build, and thus, the problem isn’t as grave or widespread as many might think.
However, Microsoft has issued a fix with a number of steps that could theoretically solve the black screen of death. Here are the steps, as reported by Twisted Voxel:
- Press and hold the Bind + Eject button for 10 to 15 seconds
- Listen for two power-up tones a couple of seconds apart
- Release the button after hearing the two tones
- In the menu that comes up next, pick up “Troubleshoot” and then “Reset this Xbox but keep Games and Apps”
- Your Xbox will end up installing the latest version of public system software
- You will be required to login into your account again after installing the update
Despite being a beta release, which can potentially have such bugs, Microsoft should certainly be more careful with future updates, since consoles don’t have the luxury of detailed troubleshooting options as PCs. Here’s hoping a more permanent solution to this particular problem is not too far off.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)