Xbox One New Alpha Update Adds Scheduled Themes
Along with a bunch of fixes.
A brand new update for the Xbox One adds a feature that fans have been requesting for a while- scheduled themes. Essentially, this sounds like the ability to change to cycle through your wallpapers on your desktop, but with your themes on your Xbox. It’s not an earth shattering feature, but it is something people have been asking for for a while, and it is good to see Microsoft deliver on this.
That apart, the update includes some fixes, including to how screenshots sometimes had errors, and how party chat would crash when in the guide menu; it is unclear whether or not more fixes and major or minor features will be added to this update before it is rolled out to the general public for now.
You should have this update available if you are part of the Xbox One Alpha Ring- if not, well, just hold on and it should be made available to everyone shortly. Find full update notes for the new patch below.
You asked-we listened! We’re excited to announce that we’ve added the ability to put your themes on a schedule. In addition to choosing either the light or dark theme, you can now switch to them. Simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings and Personalization and Theme and motion.
- Select Scheduled from the “System theme” dropdown.
- The light theme to start and end
- A new icon will appear in the guide. The guide game pass discovery tile (“surprise me with a random game pass game tile”), now shows in guide.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused screenshots to fail to display in a problem or on the console.
- Party chat is now fixed to not crash when in the guide.
My Games And Apps
- When downloading and installing games, the progress bar and the complete percentage are not sync and show inaccurate data. The games and apps do not install correctly.
- Background screenshots are showing up as 4:3 format rather than 16:9
Guides / Home Crashing
- And root crash. A fix is being worked on. Workaround: In the interim please HARD Reboot the console to fix this issue.
- You may encounter an E105 error when the console starts up after downloading the system update. Workaround: Select the Repair option, and the issue should resolve after rebooting the console.
- Games that are installed fail to launch. Workaround: If you are an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
- We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors when shown in UHD disc.
- Tournament creation is currently reversed when the language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the language is set to Arabic or Hebrew
Avatars On Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can change their settings under My profile and Customize profile and Show my avatar.