Microsoft has pushed out a new operating system update for the Xbox One, and it’s one that that mostly brings about performance improvements in several areas, while also ironing out bugs and crashing issues that had been cropping up here and there. The most notable improvement is that made to 4K performance, which has been improved in games, while the 4K video pipeline has also seen improvements so that apps such as Netflix should now be able to output 4K resolutions correctly.
Speed and performance in other areas, such as the My Games section, the Home Dashboard, and during idle screens have also been improved. Certain apps such as the Avatar Editor and Microsoft Rewards would sometimes not work correctly when first launched- this issue has also been fixed.
Meanwhile, other fixes include console crashes, improved responsiveness with Cortana commands, reliability fixes made to Cortana, audio system upgrades, and more. You can check out the full update notes below, as provided by Microsoft.
- Added reliability fixes to Cortana.
- Unplugging a headset during video playback no longer results in audio loss before video playback freezes.
- Made audio system upgrades when switching from Home to a game or app.
- Improved Cortana responsiveness to commands.
- Fixed an issue that caused some consoles to crash unexpectedly.
- Improved performance on the Home Dashboard.
- Improved mouse responsiveness to reduce lag.
My games and apps
- Improved the installation experience for various FastStart titles.
- Fixed a problem in some games (e.g. Resident Evil 0) in which cutscenes would fail and the game would lock.
- Fixes an issue to ensure certain apps like the Avatar Editor and Microsoft Rewards work on first launch.
- Fixed an issue in which some people received the E203 error when taking a system update.
- Improved performance on the network port.
- Improved performance and reliability on the save game feature when games are suspended.
- Improved speed and performance of My games & apps.
- Improved idle screen performance.
- Improved 4K visual performance in games.
- Improved the performance of the guide on Home.
- Made improvements to the 4K video pipeline so that apps like Netflix display 4K content correctly.